Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    I too can open more apps without seeing that annoying too many cards.... Is this because of 800mhz or because of jstop? I put them on at same time roughly....

and oh yeah, I spread some cash around via donations.... Just do it.
    I don't have jstop on my Pre as it made it more unstable. More resets (may conflict with something else).
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I can't find the 800 mhz patch. What is it calles in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffa187 View Post
    I can't find the 800 mhz patch. What is it calles in preware?
    Not in Preware.

Read the first post here, maybe even read it twice. If you read that and follow the instructions you'll be good to go.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    I too can open more apps without seeing that annoying too many cards.... Is this because of 800mhz or because of jstop? I put them on at same time roughly....
    Not really, JsTop is a Javascript Resource Aplication Monitor for WebOS. It monitors running webOS applications' Javascript memory usage, service usage, and total memory usage of the phones Javascript.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I opened those exact games and I didn't get the error.

Seriously though, "close it and then right away open another one", what do you expect? 3D games use a lot of memory, try waiting a couple seconds before opening another 3D game so the memory will be free again.

Sometimes I think people try to find things to complain about...
    Dude, chil! This is a thread about this issue and I am telling you that I still get the error. Not compaining but reporting. Take a chill pill or something
    Glad to see it's not just me. I was toying around with the 800MHz patch yesterday trying to see if I could get the TMC error and managed to open at least 15 unique apps before my phone started bogging down, including a few known memory hogs. The phone got quite warm with everything I had open but that's no surprise.

The sight of all those apps lined up in the little window view was something to see. Considering at most I have a third of that number of apps open, that was very reassuring.
  7.    #27  
    One thing I forgot to add is the rendering is much faster. Scrolling in web browser you get almost no checkers and app icons in Preware come up much faster.

One other annoying thing fixed by this patch is when I used to tap answer for a call and say hello, the person on the other line wouldn't hear me because the app hadn't launched yet. The delay was annoying. Now there's no delay.
    My phone is running at 800mhz and I def get the too many cards error every time when opening Sims
    well at least for the most of us it has fixed the problem. I still feel like people are mixing the screw up with 1.4 and blaming it on the 720 or 800 patch, which IMO is not fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Not really, JsTop is a Javascript Resource Aplication Monitor for WebOS. It monitors running webOS applications' Javascript memory usage, service usage, and total mem

ory usage of the phones
    Javascript.
    jstop has auto garbage cleaning removal thingy stuffy which I think is helping a lot ..... Could be wrong tho
    Huge improvement for me. I used to get this error a few times daily. However, since the patch it hasn't popped up once, not to mention the huge speed improvement.
    I still get this error, I installed the patch the second it realeased, and if i hit a 3d game, its still give or take as to whether i get the arror or not...hmm...i may doctor with the next webOS (which ever comes first, that, or Tuesday) and try again!

But i have 2 pre's, one with the patch, and one without, and the game load time is 10-15secons faster, and compared to the iphone 3g, loading the same game, i get a good 20-30seconds of gameplay before the iphone decides to load, and it runs silky compared to apple!!!

anyone tried against the 3gs?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Never get the 'too many cards' error either since the 800. I did delete the free 3D game demos though and they were my only problem with that.

FYI, the 720/800 Kernels are not patches, they are Linux Apps. How or when they would be avail through Preware is a mystery to me.. .
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    My phone is running at 800mhz and I def get the too many cards error every time when opening Sims
    I think you're facing a true memory issue there. The Pre (at least the Sprint version) can't run Sims and and a bunch of other apps. Some people have been able to but that's a real limit due to the actual available memory.

The "Too Many Cards" issue most people were having was when one card was open and they got this message. Which is a different thing then what you're saying.
    The same thing happens to me. Before the patch, when I tried to play asphalt 5 i had to restart my phone, but now it just works
    Time to get VIRAL
    I have at least 11 apps open (Pandora, Google Maps, PreWare, etc) and no too many cards message. This app is awesome!! I feel like I could do a commercial right now for Palm against any other purported mult-tasking phone.
    of course after my post I get a TMC error with one browser window open. Ah well, still much better than usual.
    Not sure. I am able to run Sims if I restart the phone but if I have been using the phone for a certain time period I get the "too many cards" message. It's as if the memory is leaking and cannot be recovered without a restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I think you're facing a true memory issue there. The Pre (at least the Sprint version) can't run Sims and and a bunch of other apps. Some people have been able to but that's a real limit due to the actual available memory.

The "Too Many Cards" issue most people were having was when one card was open and they got this message. Which is a different thing then what you're saying.
    This is very interesting to me. It seems most of you (here and in other threads) to get the "two many cards" error when you have multiple applications running but my problem seems a little different. My problem is when I'm browsing, if I open up multiple windows, and even if I begin closing them, I'll soon get the error and everything bogs down to a crawl or even a hault. To continue browsing, I have to do a Luna restart and begin again. It's driving me nuts and I've even wondered if I switch to a Pre Plus (I've got the original from Sprint) if that would take care of the problem. I've tried clearing the cache but that does nothing. I'd jump on the 720 patch right now to but now Palm is saying, don't do it. I'm having a hard time deciding... Any thoughts or ideas???
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have the Bell Pre and the 800 mhz patch with jstop doing cleanup and was able to open 24 apps before the too many cards error...crazy..i woluld get the error after 5 cards before or sometimes after 1 . Thx again for the great work
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast