Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I went to go upgrade and they are all out... Best buy had one left, but they are charging $150... Radioshack has them $0 for upgrades.

Are they starting to sell now or is radio shack not receiving shipments anymore????
    Maybe RS was closing them out.
    I dont see them on the site, anymore.
    raincheck?
    bb price match?
    danceing time?
    odd, but they still list the pixi
    The Best Buy near me was out of Pres. She told me they sell them as fast as they get them in. She said the Palm person comes often to teach them how to use it. When I showed her mine with all the tweeks she was impressed and now wants one for herself.
    Funny...how the hell can all these places be out or Pres when Palm stated they had half a million in back logged inventory in their last quarterly statement? SHessh....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    yep I added a pre to my account (already have a pixi) about 4 days ago. Got it at the shack. Went back today to trade for a new one and they were sold out. Went to a few more and none of them had it in stock. The gal at the shack where I got mine took my name & number to let me know when I can get a replacment. How is it in a city the size of new york every radio shack is sold out of palm pre. By the way the problem is every once in a while after hanging up the phone the screen goes black and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes after I fiddle with it it will come back to life. Sometimes it will reboot on it's own which I can't stand and sometimes I can pull the battery. Does anyone know if this is a 1.4 problem or is it the pre. Other than a few other quirks it's fine, I can live with them. This problem is too much. Anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Funny...how the hell can all these places be out or Pres when Palm stated they had half a million in back logged inventory in their last quarterly statement? SHessh....
    It all depends on where they are in the channel. Some locations simply have/had more inventory than others.

It could also be that sales are picking up, and locations that hadn't stock up because of poor sales are now finding themselves out of inventory. At the same time, locations that had a good deal of stock might take longer to burn through the backlog.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I did my upgrade by phone, (Sprint) and they shipped my Pre practically over night.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    that's 1.4 problem.

Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    yep I added a pre to my account (already have a pixi) about 4 days ago. Got it at the shack. Went back today to trade for a new one and they were sold out. Went to a few more and none of them had it in stock. The gal at the shack where I got mine took my name & number to let me know when I can get a replacment. How is it in a city the size of new york every radio shack is sold out of palm pre. By the way the problem is every once in a while after hanging up the phone the screen goes black and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes after I fiddle with it it will come back to life. Sometimes it will reboot on it's own which I can't stand and sometimes I can pull the battery. Does anyone know if this is a 1.4 problem or is it the pre. Other than a few other quirks it's fine, I can live with them. This problem is too much. Anybody?
    Also might depend on which vendors the phones are allocated to.
    Could be loose battery. Try a small piece of paper at top of battery. Worked for me

QUOTE=del420;2339373]yep I added a pre to my account (already have a pixi) about 4 days ago. Got it at the shack. Went back today to trade for a new one and they were sold out. Went to a few more and none of them had it in stock. The gal at the shack where I got mine took my name & number to let me know when I can get a replacment. How is it in a city the size of new york every radio shack is sold out of palm pre. By the way the problem is every once in a while after hanging up the phone the screen goes black and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes after I fiddle with it it will come back to life. Sometimes it will reboot on it's own which I can't stand and sometimes I can pull the battery. Does anyone know if this is a 1.4 problem or is it the pre. Other than a few other quirks it's fine, I can live with them. This problem is too much. Anybody?[/QUOTE]
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Just went to the Shacks website. Only one "Banner Ad" with a picture of the Pre but no Pre's listed for sale.

I even did a search of "Palm Pre" and it came up with (zero) products for sale

What gives ?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash X View Post
    Just went to the Shacks website. Only one "Banner Ad" with a picture of the Pre but no Pre's listed for sale.

I even did a search of "Palm Pre" and it came up with (zero) products for sale

What gives ?
    My guess is that Verizon's Pre+/Pixi+ exclusive is ending, thus back Pre/Pixi inventory is being cleared on for the replacement models and associated advertisements/displays.

..Just for ultimate clarification, by replacement models, of course, I'm referring to the Sprint/AT&T Pre+, and not some unknown wonderphone.
    Gone from RS's site.

Just for clarification, that $0 deal wasn't for exisiting Sprint customers upgrading an old phone. That was for new customers ONLY. Exisiting customers paid $99 for a Pre with a 2 year contract extension.
    And everyone of those is headed to Radio Shack is it!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    I went to go upgrade and they are all out... Best buy had one left, but they are charging $150... Radioshack has them $0 for upgrades.

Are they starting to sell now or is radio shack not receiving shipments anymore????
    $0 as an upgrade? You sure about that? $0 for new customers, I know. But for existing customers?

I just paid $79.99 for mine at the Shack (as an upgrade) last Monday 22nd). If what you say is true, I'll be going back for a refund or 30-day swap.

Regarding stock, Radio Shack typically stocks only one Pre per store at a time. Best Buy isn't a whole lot better. Probably in direct responce to Palm's recent woes on Wall Street. Nobody wants to get stuck with a bunch of merchandise they can't move.
    Last edited by Renderhaus; 03/29/2010 at 08:03 AM.
    I just got my Pre through Sam's Club for $79 (w/2yr Sprint contract), in addition I got a $20 credit, and a $20% off on accessories purchase. I don't know if it was just good timing or what. But if you have a Sam's Club in your area, you might want to check in there...