1.    #1  
    How do I change my contacts from my Palm profile to my yahoo contacts? I want my contacts saved under my Yahoo account and not the Palm profile.
    go to preware and look for 'send all contacts to email' patch

load it, run it and it will save as a vcf file.

from there import the vcf to yahoo.

profit
  3.    #3  
    Will this allow me to change my default contacts from the Palm profile to Yahoo?
    after you receive the vcf file, go to contacts on the Pre, drop down preferences and accounts, hange default to yahoo
    You can change the default location by opening up the contacts app, then preferences. Scroll down and default profile is displayed. Changing that WILL NOT transfer your contacts from the palm profile. You should follow the instructions posted by trim81.
  6.    #6  
    So i send the vcf file to my yahoo email?
    sure, send it to any email address. Then log on to yahoo.com and import the vcf file to your yahoo.
  8.    #8  
    what about the instructions from trim81...what does that do?
    Quote Originally Posted by xsanchez2 View Post
    what about the instructions from trim81...what does that do?
    It moves the contacts from the palm profile to a format yahoo can read. This is the only way.
  10.    #10  
    So i wont be able to change my contacts from saving to the Palm profile? I want them to save to my Yahoo contact list. I have another Pre but i have them saving to my Gmail account. I want to do the same with this phone only to Yahoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsanchez2 View Post
    So i wont be able to change my contacts from saving to the Palm profile? I want them to save to my Yahoo contact list. I have another Pre but i have them saving to my Gmail account. I want to do the same with this phone only to Yahoo.
    Yes, you can. First, you have to install the patch as Trim81 said from preware. It will make a CSV file you can transfer to your PC and upload to yahoo. Your contacts will then be in yahoo.

Then you can change your default account to your yahoo by opening up the preference menu and changing it at the bottom of the menu.
  12.    #12  
    Ok I've imported into Yahoo. Now what preference menu do I go to?
    Contacts-->Preferences. At the bottom will say default account. Click it and select your Yahoo.
  14.    #14  
    That's what I thought it was but when I do that the only option I have is the Palm profile.
    you need to sync your yahoo account first (go to contacts....menu....preferences and accounts....add an account)