Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I recently visited a local Sprint store, and the sales reps there told me they don't expect a new Pre model for Sprint anytime soon. :-(
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    they need to talk to texas instruments, and get permission to use, or make the, or something like the 800mhz patch.. Then they will be able to sell more pre's,since it makes the os way snapier.. Battery life might get a bit worse, but better to have one con that any consumer can fix by simply getting a spare battery, then to have 2 cons, where one is un-fixable for the eaverage joe...
    Not necessary. Quick fix would be to drop the 3440 in it, which IS already 800MHz stock. Looks like it's a drop-in replacement for the 3430 which the Pre has.

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...ontentId=36505
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    That is what people are buying these days. But they also need to do it well. I'm not so sure they will want to experiment with a slab right now as their last hope phone. They also seem reluctant to do so. But hopefully if they can pull it off and pull it off well, they can rake in some sales. With a slab they might be able to juice up their specs and make it more attractive.
    If Palm is able to survive by itself it will be solely because of Rubenstein. He has the innovative though and power to get Palms head out of the gutter and MAKE THEM design a slab form factor.

If this was Palm with old CEO....I would have left Palm already. Seems like Rubenstein is the only one at that company who knows how to do something right.

No offense to those who have been hired since Rubensteins been an executive.
    tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Not necessary. Quick fix would be to drop the 3440 in it, which IS already 800MHz stock. Looks like it's a drop-in replacement for the 3430 which the Pre has.

OMAP™ 3 Processors - OMAP3440
    yes, but they have alot of units on store shelves.. upgrading the cpu's in them would cost alot of money that palm doesn't have. Plus it would make current owners angry. The patch on the other hand is what appears to be a cheap, safe, and effective solution.
  6.    #26  
    If you think about it, why would palm invest in trying to help the carriers clear their shelves if they were going to release a new Pre soon. I think they're trying to increase sales and milk what they can get out of the Pre first otherwise they would devote these resources to developing the next Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    If you think about it, why would palm invest in trying to help the carriers clear their shelves if they were going to release a new Pre soon. I think they're trying to increase sales and milk what they can get out of the Pre first otherwise they would devote these resources to developing the next Pre.
    Yea, but that takes time and they are have already been severely outdated by 2-3 new android phones. As I count right now, WebOS wins in 3 places when compared to android. Synergy, games and Multitasking. From what I am seeing on the android front, WebOS is quickly loosing ground on the gaming front ( ), I am not sure if they do integrated contacts or not. And Android can multitask, just not as cleanly as WebOS.

My point is that Palms advantages are disappearing, and trying to sell Pres is not going to save them. They need, nice new hardware ASAP and it needs to be jaw dropping like some of the new Android offerings. And you got to believe that Apple is going to step up its iPhone game.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    "Investors in $PALM should keep an eye on June 1. It's first date when Pre owners can get the full upgrade rebate from Sprint. $$"

Twitter / Charles Rotblut, CFA: Investors in $PALM should ...

Probably just a guess. Read it yesterday.
    I think he means June 6th, but I could be wrong. My contract with Sprint ends on 6/5/11, so that would put the half way mark at 6/6/10.
    Last edited by Complex Pants; 03/28/2010 at 02:07 PM.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    They better have it in stores by the end of October at the absolute latest if they want to keep this customer.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    NOW!
    Palm doesn't currently have the luxury of trying to be strategic. They need a serious shot in the arm right now or they're not going to be around for very long, sadly to say.
    That old saying, "there's no time like the present" had never been more true, in there financial situation.
    The Saint
    the most important thing is to release no more than a month-2 months after they announce it.
    This signature for rent
    The day after the evo gets announced
    I think next fall would be good timing. Allows them to see what their competitors come out with and have a little time to respond.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    As long as their a sweet phone available in the fall, I will be happy.
  16. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I just love how everyone seems to know the answer... I bet Rubenstein doesn't even know yet.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  17.    #37  
    Well they recently just fired their ad agency, so maybe they're looking around for their next agency. This might indicate they're going to start putting together their ad campaign for their next device in the next month or two.
    my guess is that they will announce the new pre on the June 1st...and go from there
    i think if palm doesnt come out with something new by june 6 that everyone in their right mind will be picking up a EVO...............nough said
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    However, I think Palm would be wise to release a new phone on VZW with LTE and be the first LTE phone for VZW.
    I think this would be great for palm, just not sure they could pull this off. The CDMA radio in the pre is not the best by any means. I had such poor signal strength I had an FemCell at home and work (SPRINT). I now have VZW and would be so happy if Palm could pull off putting out a LTE phone, Go palm, Go.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast