1.    #1  
    I've just noticed an annoying problem with my pre. It can't shutdown and restart without me yanking out the battery or doing the power button, mute toggle maneuver. When I press shutdown, the circle starts revolving for a few seconds and then stops. And it stays like that unless I pull the battery out.

Has anyone had this problem? I would really like to fix this because I want to try out the 800mhz patch and it looks like that needs the phone to properly restart in order load the kernel properly. (Note that starting is fine, its just the shutdown that hangs)
    the phone loads the kernel on a cold boot, so it would still work after a battery pull, but I don't know if you want to try that if the phone refuses to turn off...
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    I've just noticed an annoying problem with my pre. It can't shutdown and restart without me yanking out the battery or doing the power button, mute toggle maneuver. When I press shutdown, the circle starts revolving for a few seconds and then stops. And it stays like that unless I pull the battery out.

Has anyone had this problem? I would really like to fix this because I want to try out the 800mhz patch and it looks like that needs the phone to properly restart in order load the kernel properly. (Note that starting is fine, its just the shutdown that hangs)
    Any chance you have the Optware ez-ipupdate package installed. It causes my pre (and others') to hang in shutdown. Haven't been able to isolate the precise cause.
    I don't have that installed, and I posted this question right when 1.4 came out. I still can't restart w/o a pull.
    This happened to me when I fiddled with some system files trying to get MobileHotSpot to run on a Telcel 1.4 Pre. It kept crashing on reboot/shutdown. I ended up doctoring it
    mine does the same thing. It's pretty annoying. Have to do a battery pull on every shutdown. How can you tell if you have that Optware package installed. I can't find it anywhere.
  7.    #7  
    I don't seem to have the Optware ezipupdate package installed, but I do have Mobile Hotspot and I did change system files as per the instructions to get it working.

Anyway, I figured as long as I wait a minute or so before doing the power switch mute toggle thing, it should be okay. (btw, that is way better than battery yanking, which gets real fiddly every time if you have the paper shims to keep the battery secure as I do)
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    ...but I do have Mobile Hotspot and I did change system files as per the instructions to get it working.
    The problem is freetetherd not shutting down properly during a reboot.....
    It's happening to me even without freetetherd, unless it didn't properly uninstall. I'll check.

UPDATE: I definitely don't have freetetherd installed anymore, and I uninstalled mobilehotspotd as well, but the problem persists. I assume it's something similar, though - some daemon. Any ideas?
    Last edited by dirtygreek; 03/31/2010 at 10:04 AM.