webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Remove and reinstall Skinomi protector?
Remove and reinstall Skinomi protector?

Old 03/27/2010, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

I just got my Skinomi protector yesterday, installed and it has now been 24 hours since I installed it. It looked perfect, until I loaded an app with a white background and noticed a lot of dust under the screen. It really looked bad. Now it bugs me that it is there.

I just want to know if I will be able to remove the screen protector, clean the screen and reapply without damaging the protector. Anyone have experience?
AndrewAlex1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2010, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have done this with success when I had my new refurb have a slider issue.

I had the phantomskinz which applies different then some I have used. You soak it in warm water for a few minutes and then apply.

Best of luck.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
IcerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2010, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

It may be the adhesive drying, not dust. Wait until 48-72 hours, would be my suggestion. It took a few days for the glue on mine to dry.
Laelipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2010, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok, I will wait a few days then see. If it doesn't get better, I will try the warm water soak IcerC suggested. Thanks for the prompt replies!
AndrewAlex1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2010, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you're very careful taking it off (it will stretch out of shape very easily), you can probably re-wet and reapply.
Speebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2011, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am a bit concerned about applying a screen protector with liquid. Is this a problem?
RHerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2011, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHerrick View Post
I am a bit concerned about applying a screen protector with liquid. Is this a problem?
It makes it really easy, I copied this guy but in the bathroom with the shower running and it turned out perfectly.
Motorola XOOM - Application Skinomi Screen Protector - YouTube

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0