1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Please could you tell me if there is a way to lock the ringer volume.

It drives me mad that whenever somebody calls, my volume always seems to be turned too low for me to hear!!!!

I like being able to alter the volume of the music player easily, but I wish that you had to go into the 'Sounds & Ringtones' prefs to avoid inadvertantly turning the ringer volume down all the time.

Surely this can't be just me, but I've never seen anyone else complain about this!!! lol

Melanie
    oh my. My ringer switch has given me so much grief since 1.4. It's always low, or all the way down. You are not alone. I was wishing a patch to disable volume rocker as a way to alter ringer and only work inall other cases. The icons are different so I'm sure it's able to be done. Just a matter of who...
  3.    #3  
    That would be excellent if someone could do that. Please Please Please!!!
    +1
    I was just searchng for such a patch. I turn volume down while on a call. Then the ringer is down and I mis the next call!
    +1
    This would be great!

A bit odd, I have been cussing at this for many months, and have been on Precentral for half a year, but just decided to go on Precentral to grump about it today. And what do I find? A brand new thread about it... Must be a spring thing

My thanks button no work!
    do you have the no alert during calls patch installed? -- because ever since 1.4 it turns all of you alert sounds off during a call and never turns them back up -- this really made me mad for a little while til some one pointed it out

Rob
    This is the closest I have come to finding a solution. I plan to try it tonight.

This drives me crazy because I have to turn the volume down when I'm on a call (the headset is too loud) and then I forget to turn the volume back up until I've missed a couple of calls.

Every Palm phone I've had kept the ringer settings separate from call volume.

Talk about a oversight! This thread seems to have a good solution... it is a permanent link in the forum

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-volume.html

Here is another article about another solution:
    http://www.precentral.net/louder-pal...ingtone-volume

H
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/30/2010 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This is the closest I have come to finding a solution...
    Great, using those louder ones now, should help some. Thanks for pointing them out.

Still seems everytime I handle the phone I reduce the volume .

Maybe a little beep every time the volume was changed? At least I might know when it happened.

AND: "If YOU APPRECIATE THE DEV'S RESPONSIBLE FOR WebOS-QuickInstall, PREWARE, and the 800mhz kernel PLEASE HIT THE DONATION BUTTON IN JASON R'S, RWHITBY's and caj2008 s SIGNATURES it is the least we can do to offset development cost to get project to this point Thanks !!"

Yep, I've been doing it , especially Jason (sent around $30) about half the things I use on the phone are his.

My thanks button no work!
    +1 to this please.
    +1 i really need this patch.

could you achieve something similar with mode switcher?