Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    WebOS is still listed on Dataviz web site. When I wonder????
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    No sh!t! Same here. I thought perhaps QT would bring us some spreadsheet editing but that seemed to go stale as well. If I had the time.. I would take on the task myself.
    Can't wait for this one! It is the single biggest thing I miss from my Centro. I used to use it for work stuff all the time. I just hope I can figure a way to connect my Pre to a projector so I can use it instead of my laptop for power points.
    I'm not holding my breath at this point; it looks like their eggs are all in the BlackBerry/Android/iPhone basket at this point...

Hopefully after AT&T picks up and sells a ton of devices there will be some more steam here (and then of course the next brand new Palm device! ). I sure miss spreadsheets and documents, can only do so much with memos.
    This is just speculation here...but I think the main holdup for Dataviz from releasing a full DTG version for webos is probably the public release of the PDK by Palm. A full fledged document editor etc probably requires a lot of coding that Dataviz probably will want to develop via the PDK. I imagine as soon as Palm releases the PDK, there will be a lot more apps released like DTG....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Can't wait for this one! It is the single biggest thing I miss from my Centro. I used to use it for work stuff all the time. I just hope I can figure a way to connect my Pre to a projector so I can use it instead of my laptop for power points.
    Dream on!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    This is just speculation here...but I think the main holdup for Dataviz from releasing a full DTG version for webos is probably the public release of the PDK by Palm. A full fledged document editor etc probably requires a lot of coding that Dataviz probably will want to develop via the PDK. I imagine as soon as Palm releases the PDK, there will be a lot more apps released like DTG....
    I don't think that's the case, for this reason: given the importance of document editing, I would think that Palm would have included Dataviz in the PDK beta as early as possible. Imagine if they could have included Docs to Go in the PDK announcement at CES. Certainly, it shouldn't be any more difficult to customize Docs to Go for release than it was the 3D games--particularly considering that Palm is still doing it for Gameloft and Glu Mobile.

No, I'm putting this one squarely on Dataviz. I put out a tweet a few times a week asking them for an update, and it's invariably retweeted at least a dozen times or so. I suggest everyone else do the same (they're @Datavizinc), and if you're not into Twitter then send them email requesting status. Maybe we can bug them into releasing for webOS.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I would actually be willing to pay more than the cost of D2G on the iphone or android, if profit is what they are worried about. However, I am becoming a little upset that its taking so long without any explanation. If it takes too long, I may not buy it all based on how they've treated Palm customers, many old school Palm customers being the reason Dataviz is in business today.