Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Does anyone think widescreen will ever come to the mail app? If so, I'll keep the Pre Plus, if not it goes back before the 30 days simply because the font size in mail is just too small for me to read. In the browser, if I go to widescreen, it increases the font size to where I can read it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymcj View Post
    Does anyone think widescreen will ever come to the mail app? If so, I'll keep the Pre Plus, if not it goes back before the 30 days simply because the font size in mail is just too small for me to read. In the browser, if I go to widescreen, it increases the font size to where I can read it. Thanks.
    There is a patch available for this
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Thanks, Blipstein. Sorry to be such a nube, but where can I get the patch and instructions on installation?
    Do you mean just rotating to the lanscape mode?
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Yes. I just want to read my mail in the landscape mode so the fonts are larger, as they are in the browser.
    I have been using this patch for quite some time now. Preware is your friend.
    If you have Preware installed or WebosQI you can download the landscape email patch.
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    OK...will go install Preware. Then where do I find the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymcj View Post
    OK...will go install Preware. Then where do I find the patch?
    It will be in the patches section, you could click 'All' and start typing 'Enable Landscape Email', it should appear.
    The exact name is ''Enable Landscape Email''
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Understand now...this will obviously all be apparent after I install Preware. Phone is rebooting now.
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Anyone out there using a Mac? The InstallPreware.exe file is Windows only...I'm using a Mac. There is also a InstallPreware.jar file in the same place.
    Install Preware using Web OS Quick Install
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    Apparently WebOS Quick Install can't be installed on a Mac. I can't believe there isn't a way to install patches to the Pre just because I'm using a Mac.
    Is your Java in the correct version? Quick install work fine in MAC. I have Ubuntu and it works without any problem.

For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
    Have you done this?
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Is your Java in the correct version? Quick install work fine in MAC. I have Ubuntu and it works without any problem.

Have you done this?
    Yes...actually, Java 1.6 is the only version on my machine. I think where I'm getting confused is from the instructions (MacIntosh) on Preware.org:

Step 3: Install Preware (Do I download and unarchive this .jar to my Mac?)
    1. Download the most recent PrewareInstaller.jar from get.preware.org.
    2. Run PrewareInstaller (Double click the jar file you just downloaded.)
    3. Click Tools then Refresh Novacomd
    4. Click INSTALL. (Does the phone have to be USB connected here? It seems like I'm installing a lot of stuff to the Mac and not the phone)
    Step 4: Restart your phone (
    1. Press and hold the ON/OFF button for 8 seconds
    2. Tap Power
    3. Tap Restart
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem it seems like many other Mac users are having...when I try to install Preware on the phone all I get is the following:

Unable to connect to Novacom. Check driver is running.
    Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Is there a definitive guide anywhere for how to install this on a Mac? Would it be easier to try installing Preware using WebOS Quick Install?
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    OK...figured this out and now have the latest version of WebOS Quick Install on my Mac and I can browse through the catalog of apps and things here, but still can't figure out how to get Preware installed on the device using WebOS Quick Install. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Click the blue arrow for Feed, then select Web OS Internals feed [all]. Click the boxes for Package Manager and Preware.

But for the original question, the email app DOES support pinch to zoom like the browser does. You could always blow the text up that way.
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Click the blue arrow for Feed, then select Web OS Internals feed [all]. Click the boxes for Package Manager and Preware.

But for the original question, the email app DOES support pinch to zoom like the browser does. You could always blow the text up that way.
    Thanks SO MUCH for setting my head straight on getting Preware onto my device. I never even thought of pushing the blue arrow and nowhere had I read anything about it. I kept trying to install if from my desktop using the green +. It never ceases to amaze me that after retiring from over 20 years in the computing business something can just blow right by me :-)

Yes, I knew about pinch & zoom, but then you always have to move around horizontally. I just needed a tiny bit of enlargement, and I think this will be fine.

Thanks again!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast