Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Complicated?

Let's add the Nokia 8110, 7110, N80, N85, N86, N95, N90, E66, HTC Touch Dual, several other Sony Ericsson W-series sliders...

A slider isn't quite that complicated. Palm may have cut corners on build quality I agree, but it's definitely not rocket science.

If anything Palm should talk to Nokia on how to make a good slider, they pretty much pioneered it. I still love the 8110 to this day.

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    No a slider isn't that complicated, but a curved slider that doesn't run on easily visible rails, like the phone you posted, is harder to do than just a straight horizontal slide like the Droid or most sliders have today.

All I am saying is that Palm made a few things more complicated than they needed to be and it may have ended up hurting them quite a bit in the long run.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I do not like slate phones, horizontal keyboards, vkbs. I really, really like the distinctive form factor of the Pre, the size, the vertical physical keyboard. I wouldn't buy a slate phone for anything, ever again. I agree with the person above: You'll pry my Pre from my CDH's! I understand the need for a more "popular" form factor, I just don't want the Pre form factor to go away.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I hope Palm makes the first triangular shaped device. If not I have to vote for a banana shape.

Ok, just keep the current form but increase the screen size a little, give it quality hardware and upgraded "innards" and I would be a happy clam. Oh hey, clam shell design....nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I hope Palm makes the first triangular shaped device.
    I thought this was funny, good work.
    As much as I love the Pre's form factor, I'm not an *****. If they can sell more phones with a slate then by all means, do so. As long as I can still have my Pre, I'd rather see the company survive.
    Definitely love the design intent of the Pre. For me the form factor is excellent. A larger screen without increasing overall size would be welcome. And of course a bulletproof build would make it close to perfect IMO.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Definitely love the design intent of the Pre. For me the form factor is excellent. A larger screen without increasing overall size would be welcome. And of course a bulletproof build would make it close to perfect IMO.
    Here here!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123