1.    #1  
    I was in my car listening to some music on my Pre. All of a sudden, the music starts stuttering like crazy, and after about 30 seconds the phone reboots. When it finally finishes starting up, the wallpaper has reverted to the default background, and all of my music and photos are missing. Oddly enough, contacts, saved phone numbers, and emails were unaffected. I later mounted my phone as a drive with a USB cable because I figured my files were still there, just that WebOS wasn't accessing them. Much to my surprise, the files were gone, and the free space metric on the drive indicated that the drive was more or less empty.

Anyone have any ideas to restore my phone to its previous state? Or at least an explanation to what happened?
    Sounds like it performed an unauthorized "Erase USB Drive" on you. That's terrible! I have no idea how/why that could have happened. Sadly, I think your files really are gone and are not recoverable.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Sounds like it performed an unauthorized "Erase USB Drive" on you. That's terrible! I have no idea how/why that could have happened. Sadly, I think your files really are gone and are not recoverable.
    The particular file that did it I've had problems with before, but usually the music player would just skip it. Its alarming to know that a malformed music file could nuke everything like that.