1.    #1  
    I'm wondering whether it's possible use a microUSB-USB adapter to plug other things in, and interact with the Pre. For example, plug in a flash drive loaded with music and have the Pre read it, or plug in a USB gamepad and use it with VBA advance.

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm not much of a hacker.

Thanks!
    none of the stuff you mentioned would have a compatible plug and even if it did it wouldnt work
  3.    #3  
    I am aware that the plug is different, but you could (hypothetically) use a USB A to micro adapter.

My question was more about whether the USB port could be used to communicate with anything besides a PC/mac. If not, that's pretty much what I'd figured, anyway. Thanks.
  4. z21
    Good question.. Im curious too as the storage is so limited with the pre. Im sure we'll get a "well why dont you plug in your USB to micro adapter and find out for yourself" comment but who knows maybe someone has tried it.
    All the things you mention require the USB port to provide power. I don't believe the Pre port does.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I looked into this ages ago and the short answer (and summary of everything I found is) "no it'll never work".
    The problem is, that the Pre has no USB-Host port and can only act as a USB Client.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks... is that a hardware or software restriction?
    I think its a Hardware restriction, as if it was a Software problem, it would have been solved for many other devices.