Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Is there any solution for the German WebOS users, yet? Version 1.1.2. is not working at all! I would like to be able to download version 1.1.1. again, until 1.1.2. is fixed.

Greetings, Jost
    Very buggy. News feed only refreshes occasionally. Sometimes it never does. When it does. it does not match the website feed. Same with notifications. Never have gotten notifications in the notification area. Getting constant freezes. I know it's beta, but it's buggier than I would have expected for a beta.

Just FYI for the developers to look into.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    right when you install the beat it actually installs a whole now facebook app so you need to hold down orange button and then tap the facebook app to check if that is the 1.1.2 version

BUG - on mine i have found that when reading comments it does not say the name of the person that made the comment just "facebook user"
    I'm fairly certain the "facebook user" issue is releated to the "refresh" issue. For whatever reason, the beta app is refreshing slower in the background (sometimes, frequently for me, but not always). When it doesn't complete it's refresh, it also dosn't properly identify the users that left comments.

I'm thinking there's some connectivity issue going on.
    UPDATE: FB notification area notifications are coming through now, but clicking on them takes me to the FB app with constant spinning circle and the word "Refreshing"... yet it never actually refreshes.
    its awesome! buggy, but awesome
    I get my notifications (anyone know if email or text need to be enabled on facebook for this to work?) but wow they are delayed. Up to an hour. I remember the days of my blackberry Fb and getting almost instant notifications. One day we can get there.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    UPDATE: FB notification area notifications are coming through now, but clicking on them takes me to the FB app with constant spinning circle and the word "Refreshing"... yet it never actually refreshes.
    Same here. Just spons but it did that before with version 1.1.1 so...

Still haven't figured out how to delete my notifications in the app itself. Every time I open it up there are still 67 of them!
    You have to tap on the area of the notification to clear (places your notification into non-bold font).

So if it says:

Joe Smith Likes your Status

tap that area (the bold text that says "Joe Smith Likes your Status") and it will clear the notification.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Any word on notification options? Like most people I didn't want both email and push notifications so I turned off email notifications on the website. Any word on if the push notifications can be controlled from the website because there are no options in the app itself.
    If you keep this version and kick out the bugs, it'll be perfect.
    app doesn't like german pres....menu can be opened, but then no button can be pressed, doesn't respond. Font size in menu also is too big/bold, something went wrong here.

Rest of the app seems to run fast. Has to be language-related...
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Yeah - I click on the notification and it just sits there.... It never goes to the post. It worked last night, but now it doesn't want to...LOL Once the bugs are worked out it will be great.
    As of this afternoon the app has been actually been loading my feed and not getting stuck. Hope it stays this way. Look forward to bug fixed like the "Facebook User" in comments.

--------------Edit------------
    Nevermind, spoke too soon. I think new notifications or something get it stick in some kind of endless loop.
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 03/28/2010 at 01:25 AM.
    yeaaaa i ended up reverting, too many bugs in the beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    As of this afternoon the app has been actually been loading my feed and not getting stuck. Hope it stays this way. Look forward to bug fixed like the "Facebook User" in comments.

--------------Edit------------
    Nevermind, spoke too soon. I think new notifications or something get it stick in some kind of endless loop.
    Agreed. It seems like it works once and then gets stuck in some type of endless loop. I've gotten a couple of webos notifications to show up successfully... and even selected some of them and they take me to the notifications section of the app. However, most of the time, the notifications section just says 'reloading'. At least the 'EV' icon isn't constantly on with downloading being attempted.

Right now my notifications window displays and shows recent updates... but the news feed is not updating. Kinda like there is some conflict between the notification updates and the rest of the app updates?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    And right on queue. I close the app, reopen it, and the news feed updates but the notifications section says 'refreshing'.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Yeah it seems like when one thing works the other doesn't. Feeds work but notifications doesn't and if notifications loads, the feed won't.
    the good news is the makers of this app are proberly all over this and very soon we will most likely have a update to fix all the bugs. You can see they are making and improving on a great app.
    1.1.3 is out... just installed
    Quote Originally Posted by cescoffery View Post
    1.1.3 is out... just installed
    I was just going to post!!

Quote Originally Posted by Palm
    **The Facebook Beta v1.1.3 addresses a few bugs that got introduced in v1.1.2.** We have received a ton of great feedback on the Facebook app which is fantastic! The top request is for access to Facebook notifications. In our second beta, Facebook 1.1.2, there is Facebook notifications as well as webOS notifications. We wanted to marry them together in this release. If a new Facebook notification occurs, a banner and dashboard will alert you to the info and you can get directly to that info. And there’s more, other little features and fixes in this beta, including: Keyboard shortcuts now use our native "gesture area + key" support which includes a drop down "Navigate to...." area, Formatting of content has been fixed and if you launch the Facebook app when already running, refresh the feed a la Tweed.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast