Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Notifications are on the app for me but they I can't seem to figure out how to delete them. Also, I'm not gettin notifications on the Pre at all for FB.
    I don't get a notification sound when I get a dashboard notification - but my other dashboard notifications make the sound. And the FB ones only show up randomly now
    Seem to be getting the FB dashboard notifications just fine.

Questions: Has anyone seen a noticeable battery hit from FB polling for new messages? And, is there any way to turn notifications OFF?

Whether or not a battery hit applies, I would really like the option to turn them off. I love the option to receive them, but I don't always want to!
    I can't click on photos that people have commented on. Doesn't load...
    So it just logs in automatically? No password required?
    Obviously still lots of bugs to work out, but it's clear Palm is determined to make WebOS phones the most complete and integrated Facebook experience in the market and are well on their way to accomplishing that.

Dashboard notifications (with the ability to act on them from the dashboard being worked on), ability to view facebook videos in your newsfeed, contact synergy...and you have to believe an official chat solution will be coming soon.

No other phone in the market offers that level of Facebook experience. We can only hope that Palm will hit this hard on the advertising front, once the bugs are worked out. This WILL sell phones if they can market it properly.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    do you have to enable notifications or are they already on????

does the app have to be open???
    Should be on automatically.
    The app does not have to be open for dashboard notifications to work.

Not positive if you have to open the app at least once each time you power on the phone for them to start working, but my guess is no.
    This morning again, I experienced no updated news, nor notification pop-ups, I tried the following:
    1) cleared the web cache, cookies, history
    2) Tried a complete shutdown
    3) Tried un-install restart then re-install
    4) O yeah and tried EVDO only and wireless and then both on
    Again Im NOT complianing I know this is a BETA...hopefully Palm is reading this thread

Thank you
    Adam
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Now that I get notifications on my pre home screen, I'd prefer not to get them in my email as well. Can I turn that off?
    Anyone know how to clear the "new" notifications number? I'm seeing 28 after opening notifications a few times, seems like they dont want to clear even after i look at them..

EDIT- Well, i went through each notification and clicked on them as if i wanted to read it, the notifications went away as they were opened.. is this the only way to get rid of'em?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Now that I get notifications on my pre home screen, I'd prefer not to get them in my email as well. Can I turn that off?
    go to the actual fb site, click "account" in the top right, then "account settings", then "notifications", now you can uncheck what you don't want to be sent to your email
    Last edited by klubhead; 03/27/2010 at 09:16 AM.
    @klubhead: AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $that$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $only$ $way$.

I can't get my feed to update anymore. Even when I first got it I also had trouble getting it to update it. Tried clearing web cache and luna restart. Great new features but something it buggy with how it accesses FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    This morning again, I experienced no updated news, nor notification pop-ups, I tried the following:
    1) cleared the web cache, cookies, history
    2) Tried a complete shutdown
    3) Tried un-install restart then re-install
    4) O yeah and tried EVDO only and wireless and then both on
    Again Im NOT complianing I know this is a BETA...hopefully Palm is reading this thread

Thank you
    Adam
    Last night, I downloaded from feed, and noticed the same.. Went to help on the app menu and noticed it was still 1.1.1 .. But then read that you could get it by going to the updates app, and it will update to 1.1.2 from there.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Whoa, there were a lot of notifications to uncheck. I'll press Thanks next time I'm on my Mac

Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    Anyone know how to clear the "new" notifications number? I'm seeing 28 after opening notifications a few times, seems like they dont want to clear even after i look at them..

EDIT- Well, i went through each notification and clicked on them as if i wanted to read it, the notifications went away as they were opened.. is this the only way to get rid of'em?

go to the actual fb site, click "account" in the top right, then "account settings", then "notifications", now you can uncheck what you don't want to be sent to your email
    right when you install the beat it actually installs a whole now facebook app so you need to hold down orange button and then tap the facebook app to check if that is the 1.1.2 version

BUG - on mine i have found that when reading comments it does not say the name of the person that made the comment just "facebook user"
    UK PRE USER
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Last night, I downloaded from feed, and noticed the same.. Went to help on the app menu and noticed it was still 1.1.1 .. But then read that you could get it by going to the updates app, and it will update to 1.1.2 from there.
    Thank you for your suggestion, but Im at 1.1.2 and still having refresh issues, I can get to yesterday posts and if I re-do what I stated above for 20 minutes I can usually another 1 or 2 updates...

Thanks again

Adam
    Download "AppScope" you can get it there I just did it
    Perhaps I'm missing it, but how do I turn off facebook notifications? I get them in email. Don't really want them here too. It is done very well, though.
    My profile will not load. I also still can not update my status and haven't been able to since the last update on the official app.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing it, but how do I turn off facebook notifications? I get them in email. Don't really want them here too. It is done very well, though.
    The email should have instructions to turn off the notifications at the bottom. As for notifications from the app, delete the app and use the regular version. This is a beta so not everything has been implemented.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast