1.    #1  
    I installed the virtual keyboard and checked every thread possible but still no help.

When i try to activate the virtual keyboard by tapping twice on the gesture are (pre plus) it just zooms out of the card.

Any advice?
    sounds like youre swiping more than tapping try just touching both sides of the gesture area at once to open it
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I installed the Virtual Keyboard for the first time earlier today and for some reason the spacebar just didn't work/function at all. Is this a common problem in 1.4?
    no it works fine for me in fact the only problem i've ever had with it was the "undefined" popping up but the dev fixed it very quickly
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I do a double tap just to the right of the LED in the gesture area. I also have advanced gesturing turned on. When I swipe left to right, it dismisses the keyboard. My double tap is about as fast as a double click on a computer mouse.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    I installed the Virtual Keyboard for the first time earlier today and for some reason the spacebar just didn't work/function at all. Is this a common problem in 1.4?
    it doesnt work for me (spacebar) in the memos, but other then that its fine, I only really use it to respond to texts.
    try going a little slower you might be tapping above the first spot so it reads it as a swipe
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    I do a double tap just to the right of the LED in the gesture area. I also have advanced gesturing turned on. When I swipe left to right, it dismisses the keyboard. My double tap is about as fast as a double click on a computer mouse.
    this did it. slightly to the right of the gesture pad LED. thanks a lot
    Works fine for me too, you need to do it a little bit slower.You are tapping in the right place but really fast.
    Tap twice within half a second and wait one more second or two and it will appear.

Regards!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Or you could just give up ont the virtual keyboard all together. No offense to the developers, but it has never been fully functional as a replacement for the physical keyboard. Likely because the developers have so many projects going on and it seems like they need to fix new bugs every time the OS gets updated. They get some level of autocorrect, and an update breaks the spacebar in notes, they get that fixed, update breaks something else.... For me it stands asa great example of how much the OS can be modified, but not too usable.