Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Day 1 was incredible, nothing bad can be said. Today has been different. It started off when I was in headset mode talking on the phone, the screen would not come back on. So I held the power button down, it made the sound and vibrated, but still no screen. Not two hours later when on a call normal, I go to end it and the screen is unresponsive. Again I press the power button, sound, vibrate and screen notification come up, but the touch screen in not responsive. Both times I had to pull the battery. It has froze and locked up on it's own just sitting there as well, each time resulting in a battery pull. I have not installed anything other than the 800 MHz patch since it was installed. I have never had these troubles before. It's a Verizon Palm Pre Plus, a replacement four days after my release date Palm got stuck in headset mode. It's been dropped once, over a month ago, aside from cosmetic damage, there is no apparent hardware damage.

It's a long shot, but has anyone else experienced any issues as of yet?
    Nothing short of awesome so far, no heat and much better battery performance. Might be due to less of a wait time to do what should be some of the simplest tasks.
    My phone shuts down randomly and won't come back on unless I do a battery pull when I am charging it. Ill probably go and uninstall it right now and wait and see.
    Day 2 for me and only good things so far, speed is incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Day 1 was incredible, nothing bad can be said. Today has been different. It started off when I was in headset mode talking on the phone, the screen would not come back on. So I held the power button down, it made the sound and vibrated, but still no screen. Not two hours later when on a call normal, I go to end it and the screen is unresponsive. Again I press the power button, sound, vibrate and screen notification come up, but the touch screen in not responsive. Both times I had to pull the battery. It has froze and locked up on it's own just sitting there as well, each time resulting in a battery pull. I have not installed anything other than the 800 MHz patch since it was installed. I have never had these troubles before. It's a Verizon Palm Pre Plus, a replacement four days after my release date Palm got stuck in headset mode. It's been dropped once, over a month ago, aside from cosmetic damage, there is no apparent hardware damage.

It's a long shot, but has anyone else experienced any issues as of yet?
    yes there are some reports of this happening but im not sure that ist related to the patch . what i would do is remove it and go down to the stock speed for a day and see if it still does that or drop down to the 720 kernel instead and see how that runs for you ok ! you can also run the webos repair utility on your phone it couldnt hurt and may do some good for you

Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    My phone shuts down randomly and won't come back on unless I do a battery pull when I am charging it. Ill probably go and uninstall it right now and wait and see.
    you can try the repair utility and see if it helps you as well but both these issues have been reported on os 1.4 since the update.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    I need to add I was not having any heat issues, it never got over 35C, my battery life was just as bad before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    That happened to me earlier this week - before applying the 800MHz patch. Several months back, it used to happen all the time. I took it to sprint, they replaced the battery and that fixed it.

If this becomes a pattern, I will be going back to sprint for another battery.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I doubt all of these problems are from the 800 MHz Patch guys, Marco and Jeff had put it throw some serious test's before releasing it to the public, they even had beta testers i think.
    yes i was a beta tester and had absolutely no issues what so ever
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Installed the 720 patch about 24 hrs ago and today was fine for me. I'm a heavy user (sedio 2600 battery a must for me), and things seem fine...and fast. Temp was never over 34C. I'm mostly email, web, text, google maps. Used about an hour of RadioTime today. Battery drain is about same as before; 3-11% depending on programs.

I'll repost if any issues arise.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    No issues here on Day 2. A little warmer battery by touch but nothing to hot. Battery got to 42 but it was sitting on the Touchstone so kind of expected.
    Mine's working 99% perfectly, but has anyone noticed that sometimes everything will just stop for 15-20 seconds or so, as if things need to somehow 'catch up' before it can continue?

Probably related to other bottlenecks now, but just wondering if I'm the only one.
    day 2 here and no problems at all. Thought I was getting serious battery drainage but turns out I forgot to turn the gps off after I used it once. I think I might be running a little hotter than before but not sure. I don't even care at this point... The phone is so much nicer to use now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Mine's working 99% perfectly, but has anyone noticed that sometimes everything will just stop for 15-20 seconds or so, as if things need to somehow 'catch up' before it can continue?

Probably related to other bottlenecks now, but just wondering if I'm the only one.
    if ive been on the phone doing something for a long time yes i have seen this but its most likly the memory glitch from 1.4 update and not the kernel script
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  15.    #15  
    I will give WebOS Repair a try, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I doubt all of these problems are from the 800 MHz Patch guys, Marco and Jeff had put it throw some serious test's before releasing it to the public, they even had beta testers i think.
    I wasn't trying to under mind their work by posting this. Though with the number of application and patches, there are many combonations of which could not be tested and the phone may be effected differently by the patch depending of those factors. I'm just checking to see if any others are having the same issues.
    speed is a huge plus but I think battery has gotten noticeably worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    speed is a huge plus but I think battery has gotten noticeably worse.
    it just depends on how you use the phone and the apps you run if your a heavy user then think about getting the 2600 battery and you will be much happier although the pre is a little thicker .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    wow.. i was typing in this thread on my phone and it froze up.. again...

ok.. here... Day one was amazing.. today, i've been getting freezes every hour or so. It happens when i have a couple cards open. If i leave google maps open and set my phone down, it will freeze and the screen MIGHT turn back on, but the touch is completely unresponsive. I seriously BARELY used my phone today and it froze in the browser, in google maps, paratroopers and sometimes just flicking through my launcher pages. I do have an older build of the Pre, but man, i really wish this wouldn't happen, yesterday was amazing! Unfortunately, i need a functional phone, even if it lags

Still tho, big ups to the devs who slammed the time to put this together... its not their fault the pre has depressing hardware.

I love webOS and no matter how frustrating it gets, i just can't seem to leave it, tho i wish i could, my heart says no
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it just depends on how you use the phone and the apps you run if your a heavy user then think about getting the 2600 battery and you will be much happier although the pre is a little thicker .
    the seidio 2600 is amazing, tho i found instead of 1.5-2 days worth of juice, the 800mhz sucks my baby dry in a day(a full, useful day). wish my pre didn't lock up so much with it ...
    Day 2 is like day 1. Just plain great. Told 2 droid and 1 iPhone friend I was running at 800mhz and all they could do was change the subject. No comeback is the best.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast