Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 168
  1. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    My phone shuts down randomly and won't come back on unless I do a battery pull when I am charging it. Ill probably go and uninstall it right now and wait and see.
    I recently started having this same problem.
  2. #142  
    For those of you having freezes or shut downs, are you running the scaler app. I was having issues with scaling 250-800 and random shutdowns overnight while on the TS but i turned off scaling for now and its been solid.

    More scaling info here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...u-speed-6.html
  3. #143  
    Installed late yesterday afternoon. I couldn't resist.....So far so good, no huge issues to speak of. Right now, I am at 1.06% battery drain with only my email, SMS, and battery monitor running....definitely no difference in battery temp, it is currently at 31 degrees and topped out yesterday at 36. Been running the battery monitor for 10hrs.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed....

    My phone shut down randomly a few times after I updated to 1.4 and before the patch, since the patch, it has not shut off at all.
  4. #144  
    I am going on hour 22 with the patch right now and I have had the phone lock up on me and have had to pull the battery 2x. I wasn't even using it. I just pulled it oiut of my pocket to check the time and the phone just didn't turn on. Nothing was responsive. Pulled the battery and everything worked just fine. I had no problems over night and as far as battery drain I am averaging about 5-7%/hr with moderate usage yesterday. We will see if it lasts me all day through work. I usualy sit at around 25-35% battery by the end of the day.
  5. #145  
    I don't run scaling patch, and i don't have issues.

    i did have one issue though on day 1, when i clicked camera, it was kinda frozen as if trying to load the camera but wouldn't load, i closed the card opened it again and same thing, i just rebooted and camera was wokring fine again. day 2 now and haven't had that issue... Day 2 battery consumption seems the same as before patch was installed.... but that's cause i'm at work and don't really use my phone too much..

    here is a screenshot of my battery consumption today:


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  6. #146  
    I have been having a random issue everyday since installing the 800mhz patch. i dont want to say it had anything to do with the patch. I just think that if you have a buggy 1.4 like i seem to have you should wait to install the patch. it seems to magnify everything. it will run ok for a while. i will put it on the touchstone everynight and preset reset goes off at 3am. when i woke up each morning there was something new wrong. yesterday woke up and my email was blank. never happened before. ran an epr and repair and everything went back to being great. then this morning i took it off the touchstone, email acted up for a second but then showed up but something that has never happened before happened. My messaging stoped responding. it would glow and then just get stuck. then i was having all kinds of data issues with it not connecting. i am going to wait until the 1.4.1 comes out and then clock back up. it kills me but a major problem every day does too. heres to hoping the update is out this week.
  7. #147  
    I'm not 100% sure that the GPS is turned off every time, maybe some third party apps don't properly release the GPS service? I have done 2 things to address the issue and it has helped with battery life:

    1) Turn Background Data Collection off under "Location Services"
    2) I use "Mode Switcher" to ensure that the GPS is turned on and off when I need it to be.

    Just my 2 cents
  8. #148  
    So I was doing some tests in the field after installing the 720mhz patch (somewhat scared of the 800mhz for now), and all my temperatures were fine until I started using the Sprint GPS while having the car charger in.

    The phone got to 50 degrees! It was pretty much scary to touch. At that point I found a way to clip my phone to my car air conditioner which kept it nice and cold...but I was momentarily terrified.


    Does anyone think it's the fault of the gps, the charger, or both? I unplugged the phone and it still kept pretty warm, but not *that* warm. And charging it by itself...also not so bad. No other app caused this heat while it was charging.
  9. #149  
    root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    crypto/ecb.ko
    tar: crypto/ecb.ko: Cannot write: No space left on device
    crypto/pcbc.ko
    tar: crypto/pcbc.ko: Cannot write: No space left on device
    drivers/block/nbd.ko
    tar: drivers/block/nbd.ko: Wrote only 1536 of 10240 bytes
    drivers/net/ifb.ko
    tar: drivers/net/ifb.ko: Cannot write: No space left on device
    drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    tar: drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko: Cannot write: No space left on device
    arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    tar: arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko: Wrote only 1536 of 10240 bytes
    arch/arm/boot/uImage
    tar: arch/arm/boot/uImage: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    cp: cannot stat 'arch/arm/boot/uImage': No such file or directory
    sed: write error
    Rebooting...
    root@palm-webos-device:

    I keep getting the above when i do either the 720 or 800MHZ patch any help?
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Not sure why everyone is so wrapped around "turn GPS off".. the GPS chip is only used when a service request is called by an application. If you're not in an app that uses the location service then GPS is never used.
    That's not true at all. It used to be true but after 1.4 update when I run Sprint Navigation, after I close it GPS is still on.
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurkz View Post
    I am going on hour 22 with the patch right now and I have had the phone lock up on me and have had to pull the battery 2x. I wasn't even using it. I just pulled it oiut of my pocket to check the time and the phone just didn't turn on. Nothing was responsive. Pulled the battery and everything worked just fine. I had no problems over night and as far as battery drain I am averaging about 5-7%/hr with moderate usage yesterday. We will see if it lasts me all day through work. I usualy sit at around 25-35% battery by the end of the day.
    Yup that's what i'm getting as well. All weekend things went really well. But I don't use it that much on weekends. This morning about an hour into useing it I heard my bluetooth disconnect and when I went to check the screen wouldn't turn on causing me to pull the battery.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by willythegnome View Post
    So I was doing some tests in the field after installing the 720mhz patch (somewhat scared of the 800mhz for now), and all my temperatures were fine until I started using the Sprint GPS while having the car charger in.

    The phone got to 50 degrees! It was pretty much scary to touch. At that point I found a way to clip my phone to my car air conditioner which kept it nice and cold...but I was momentarily terrified.


    Does anyone think it's the fault of the gps, the charger, or both? I unplugged the phone and it still kept pretty warm, but not *that* warm. And charging it by itself...also not so bad. No other app caused this heat while it was charging.
    I have had my phone get rather hot on road trips before. I was going to Idaho and had Tapster, Sprint Nav, and Pandora all running at the same time while plugged in. It was hot couldn't say how hot but it was rather toasty. That is of course before the 800mhz patch. You might try doing what you did before with out the patch and see if you can get similar temps and results.
  13. #153  
    I notice using my tether while charging it gets mighty toasty.
  14. #154  
    Been overclocked at 800 MHz for about 3 days now... I changed the kernel the night it came out I think. Anyway, as soon as I overclocked, I started having problems with the screen not turning on. Then a second or two later, the phone would restart. I'm going back to 500 MHz - I didn't really notice much difference anyway. On a side note, and it could be related or not, I'm having trouble loading Preware all the way lately.
  15. #155  
    I tried both the 720 and 800 and decided to stay with 720mhz. The 800 was very unstable on my phone but the 720 is very smooth. I had the screen freezing and pulling battery with 800mhz and none with 720. I suspect some pre were better built to handle the higher speed.
  16. #156  
    I too went 720mhz and the speed is already remarkable to me.

    I also have a friend who does write apps, and he recommended that if I do decide to take the risk of overclocking, stick with the 720mhz as it runs at a notch of lower voltage than the 800, decreasing the chance of a quick lifespan decline of the processor, and I trust him. Very happy with the 720mhz, why spoil myself =P
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    Been overclocked at 800 MHz for about 3 days now... I changed the kernel the night it came out I think. Anyway, as soon as I overclocked, I started having problems with the screen not turning on. Then a second or two later, the phone would restart. I'm going back to 500 MHz - I didn't really notice much difference anyway. On a side note, and it could be related or not, I'm having trouble loading Preware all the way lately.


    I had the same issue with the crashing and having to pull the battery. I also didn't see much of an improvement in the speed. After playing with it now for almost a day it is a huge difference for me and the crashes have seemed to stop. Who knows I am only a day and half in so time will tell. I would give it a shot again maybe even try the 720 and see how your phone reacts. I notice a huge difference in browsing large complicated pages like engadget and facebook. The phone has never run so smooth. Like I said I didn't see the monumental speed gains at first. IDK maybe it had to "cure" or something.
  18. #158  
    I'm late to the party. Can someone link me to find out about overclocking? =)
  19. #159  
    you'll be even later
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you'll be even later
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions