Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I'm now on my 2nd full day and things are going great. The phone is an absolute beast!! I had an issue yesterday where my camera wouldn't open after I had taken a couple of pics earlier (camera froze also). Today I opened up both apps and everythings working great.

I downloaded the Battery Monitor and I'm at about 1.6% drain. Also, Google Maps wouldn't bring up a screen but I updated my PRL and settings and it's seemed to aleviate any issues that I was having.

This is easily the best patch thus far for my uses. Thanks again!!
  2. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    After running the WebOs Utility I seem to be running awesome again. The utility fixed about 12 or so errors\files missing. Now everything runs excellent.

Overall, I'm very glad I installed the 800MHz patch.
    Okay, is it just me, or wouldn't running the repair utility undo the 800MHz kernel? I mean, Repair Utility restores files to their defaults. And the 800MHz uses modified files. So after running the repair utility are people definitely still on 800MHz?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, is it just me, or wouldn't running the repair utility undo the 800MHz kernel? I mean, Repair Utility restores files to their defaults. And the 800MHz uses modified files. So after running the repair utility are people definitely still on 800MHz?
    I'm pretty sure it does. I ran it today and afterwards my pre slowed to a crawl. I ran the 800MHZ uninstall and then I installed it again. After the fresh install of the 800MHZ the ZIP is back.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawgmon View Post
    I'm pretty sure it does. I ran it today and afterwards my pre slowed to a crawl. I ran the 800MHZ uninstall and then I installed it again. After the fresh install of the 800MHZ the ZIP is back.
    It didn't remove it when I ran the repair utility this morning.
    i noticed it was draining a little quicker so i did more battery save techniques and i've been using it for 5 hours and still have 70% battery left.. BAM
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Mine's working 99% perfectly, but has anyone noticed that sometimes everything will just stop for 15-20 seconds or so, as if things need to somehow 'catch up' before it can continue?

Probably related to other bottlenecks now, but just wondering if I'm the only one.
    Yes.
    I have had nothing but sunshine and rainbows since the 800 mhz. For me my first day was smooth and fast and my second day seem to build on the improvement
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey man much appreciated, do i need to already have the 800 patch running as well or does this automatically implement it???
    Where is the file for this patch. I watched the video in engadget and I'll need the file on my computer first. Right???
    Quote Originally Posted by bengt View Post
    Where is the file for this patch. I watched the video in engadget and I'll need the file on my computer first. Right???
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html

Link for the 800 and 720 patch in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah Bonds View Post
    i noticed it was draining a little quicker so i did more battery save techniques and i've been using it for 5 hours and still have 70% battery left.. BAM
    What battery saving techniques did you use? I'm having a drain issue and a recharge issue (recharges SLOW now).
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    same here! five hours and 70%? Please share your secrets!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    *It would be nice if this was kept in the main thread cause I am going all over the place to find you guys...

*I had many random freezes of WebOS before patch install (why I hate it and almost didnt deploy this)

*If you see an unusual issue, first uninstall the patch at low temp, then reinstall. That fixes a lot of patch related bugs I found with WebOS1.4. This helped alot of people over the last few days. My argument is there may be something running in the background in OS1.4 whcih hangs on install, so uninstalling and installing returns things to normal

Any slight corruption of WebOS will be exacebated by the kernel install. You need a clean OS before starting.
    I have seen you say this several times on several threads so I made a list of all of my patches and apps in a word file (so I owuld know what I had) and doctored my phone. I didn't have any problems with the 800 kernel when I first installed it, but didn't want to, and frankly, although doctoring is not fun, it is not really that gig of a deal either so I figured it would be better to start with the clean install. So far, it is working swimingly. Smooth, low temps, and fast as shizzle!!! We will see tomorrow when the battery yse is higher and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    same here! five hours and 70%? Please share your secrets!
    turn off GPS, set emails to manual, and use wifi instead of the network. I have wifi at home and at work and it saves greatly on battery. Also set screen brightness to less than 30% (I usually have mine at about 27%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    turn off GPS, set emails to manual, and use wifi instead of the network. I have wifi at home and at work and it saves greatly on battery. Also set screen brightness to less than 30% (I usually have mine at about 27%)
    Not sure why everyone is so wrapped around "turn GPS off".. the GPS chip is only used when a service request is called by an application. If you're not in an app that uses the location service then GPS is never used.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    There is a preware patch that does that for 2 sec, are you sure you dont have it installed?
    I didn't use web os repair utility, instead a simple restart fixed the problem
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Not sure why everyone is so wrapped around "turn GPS off".. the GPS chip is only used when a service request is called by an application. If you're not in an app that uses the location service then GPS is never used.
    +1 to this . But on the other hand wifi insteaad of network and manual email instead of every hour will save on the battery.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    great patch!! a few minor glitches here and there but.....cooooooool
    Great patch.

works like a charm, battery consumption is slightly increased but not that bad. i'm on day 2 now and can't complain.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast