Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Just installed the 800MHz patch and so far, so good. It's really fast now!

I wonder...is the Pre's browser at 800MHz faster than the IPhone 3GS browser?
    another day(day4) n my pre going strong, i havent felt it hot yet of course i dont ever charge my phone directly though cause i have 3 batteries n a little box(battery charger) so i never have to plug it in....im guessing thats the reason why it doesnt get hot
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    There is a preware patch that does that for 2 sec, are you sure you dont have it installed?
    Yeah, I don't have that installed, It's nothing to worry about, Ill try running the repair utility and let you know how that goes , it only happens like once or twice a day

thanks for all the hard work
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    I used the repair program to clean things up. Afterwards the pre was very slow. I finally reinstalled the 800 patch (without removing the previous installation) and that seems to have fixed things.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Just a note....800MHz since release and NO issues that I can see as of yet. Also battery life in poor signal areas ( my work building ) seems not to affected as well. I was a bit concerned about that possibility.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    my own day 2 ... Actually still within 24 hours... All is swell ... Between discovering jstop, spring cleaning with webos repair, and then installing this bad boy, my pre is rockin'.So thanks to all. Now it's time to put my wallet where my mouth is and spread some cash around....
    My only problem is my phone is so fast I cant complain about it anymore! (joking)
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
  8. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I installed the 800Mhz patch on Thursday. No problems before or after on my Pre. Then Friday night I installed the Temp monitor and thats when things started going down hill. My Pre was getting warm without me using it and then the battery would start dropping rapidly. Locking up and freezing. Had to pull the battery out a bunch of times. (never since day one last June have I had to do that).

Video App is now flaky. Comes on upside down. Video delays but the sound keeps playing. Somtimes the videos will not open and start playing. Takes forever to open the app.

Went to be last night my phone was at 85% charge woke up and it was at 7%. This is not normal.

Seems like performance of the phone is erratic and almost slower at times than before the 800 Mhz patch.

Again the 1st two days were amazing, so I'm kind of thinking it was the temp monitor patch that hurt me.

I have never run the doctor or the WebOs utility, not even sure how as I never had the cause before now.

After 50 minutes of charging my phone is only at 14%...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I installed the 800Mhz patch on Thursday. No problems before or after on my Pre. Then Friday night I installed the Temp monitor and thats when things started going down hill. My Pre was getting warm without me using it and then the battery would start dropping rapidly. Locking up and freezing. Had to pull the battery out a bunch of times. (never since day one last June have I had to do that).

Video App is now flaky. Comes on upside down. Video delays but the sound keeps playing. Somtimes the videos will not open and start playing. Takes forever to open the app.

Went to be last night my phone was at 85% charge woke up and it was at 7%. This is not normal.

Seems like performance of the phone is erratic and almost slower at times than before the 800 Mhz patch.

Again the 1st two days were amazing, so I'm kind of thinking it was the temp monitor patch that hurt me.

I have never run the doctor or the WebOs utility, not even sure how as I never had the cause before now.

probably have the old battery temp monitor patch, known to cause this exact problem...uninstall that battery temp patch and check. If all is well, you can install the new patch via preware!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post

Remove the temperature patch??

I started getting a few isues after 1.4 (nothing related to 800) and they amplified a little after the 800 patch, also I wasn't getting the speed form the 800 patch I had seen on video or when I had it on while on 1.3.5,. I also started losing battery faster (it seemed) and my pre was getting warmer (42) my pre had never got warm before, so I used the webos repair utility yesterday and since then the speed got so much faster, my phone is as cold as my ex and battery life seems to have improved, got to confirm that after today.

So use the repair utility and life will be good.
    Last edited by zx600; 03/28/2010 at 09:51 AM.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
  11. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I'm running the WebOs repair utility now. Crossing my fingers...
  12. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Did you just restore everything. I'm running the utility and and it is finding, so far about 8 files needing to be restored. Did you except all of those changes?
  13. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Just finished running the Repair Utility and everything seems to be back to normal. I will update as the day goes on..

I don't think I could ever go back to the way my Pre preformed before the 800Mhz patch.

Thanks everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should try the webos repair utility to fix issues in the phone . the kernels actually amplify the glitches when they are installed. or you can uninstall the kernel and see if that fixes the mess ups but i think its the 1.4 update myself
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Will do. Uninstalling the patch and about to run Webos Repair util. Thanks for the help guys.
    Battery life seems much better! WebOS repaiir found three errors and corrected them:

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    Backup found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    Backup md5sum: 9d18dcbdee5ec0d7c23e75618ec3da97
    Expected md5sum: fd23dc2f7f67b4bf8b32e5d01af4f1dd
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json.webosinternals.orig
    --user restored file.

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Backup found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Backup md5sum: 0a74eeaa3c998a80efd931602d538b2e
    Expected md5sum: 320a55754657fcf7684e8335afe376ca
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    --user restored file.

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    Backup found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    Backup md5sum: 57e5eee5118bcb32c2c0686cf9d0093d
    Expected md5sum: 1059f1bb9a96fef79c75ef90c1267b83
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html.webosinternals.orig
    --user restored file.
    I reinstalled the 800mhz patch, charger it up overnight and the battery life seems better thus far. Thanks for the help!!
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    when can my pixi+ get overclocked? (yea, I know, probably never)
    After installing the 800 mhz program, I am now getting no sound from my music or radio programs.

I still get system sounds and phone sounds.

What can I do to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Battery life seems much better! WebOS repaiir found three errors and corrected them:

I reinstalled the 800mhz patch, charger it up overnight and the battery life seems better thus far. Thanks for the help!!
    your welcome glad i could help !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by cjake8 View Post
    After installing the 800 mhz program, I am now getting no sound from my music or radio programs.

I still get system sounds and phone sounds.

What can I do to fix this?
    uninstall the patch and if the sound comes back dont reinstall that patch ,b ut if the sound is still gone its not the patch that did it. i would run the repair utility after uninstalling the patch then reinstall the patch and see if that fixes your issue. if this does not fix it also try plugging in the headphones and unplugging a couple of times it come just be stuck inheadset mode or something.. after that get it replaced is all i can think of
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    only one random restart but my phone was doing that before the patch. no overheating and phenomenal performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymook View Post
    only one random restart but my phone was doing that before the patch. no overheating and phenomenal performance.
    maybe run the webos repair utility and see if it catches any glitches
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη