Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 168
  1. #81  
    the only thing wrong with mine which isn't even worth mentioning is sometimes when i get a text message itll freeze and vibrate for like 5 seconds, but idc
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by clyfton View Post
    I don't think it happens if the phone is hot but L337Techs cpuscaler and cpuscaleruber(for 800patch) lets you put in scaling modes like 500-800 or even 250-800.
    i had their cpu scaler to 600, were can we find the new one tha scales to 800??? this would be an awesome app to have seein as that i dont always need 800 mhz going! lead me in the right direction! =)

    and kick *** job on this guys! i havent got to install it yet but am going to tomorro!
  3. #83  
    The random freeze is something that I've seen more wit 1.4. I haven't put in the 720/800 patch, yet. Now, I wonder if it occurs more often just because the point at which WebOS needs a timeout is being reached more often.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  4. mauro1's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #84  
    just a quick post to say that I've had no issues with the 800 MHz patch. I also installed CPUScalerUber and have it scaling from 500->800 without any major issue. The one thing that happened to me was that Luna crashed earlier today with drPodder running. No biggie.

    $uptime
    20:56:21 up 1 day, 9 min, 0 users, load average: 8.88, 12.82, 8.00
    $ cat /time*
    800000 1505583
    720000 711908
    600000 0
    550000 0
    500000 995901
    250000 0
    125000 0
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    The random freeze is something that I've seen more wit 1.4. I haven't put in the 720/800 patch, yet. Now, I wonder if it occurs more often just because the point at which WebOS needs a timeout is being reached more often.
    i would run the webos repair utility before installing the 720 or 800 kernel
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    i had their cpu scaler to 600, were can we find the new one tha scales to 800??? this would be an awesome app to have seein as that i dont always need 800 mhz going! lead me in the right direction! =)

    and kick *** job on this guys! i havent got to install it yet but am going to tomorro!
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...?highlight=cpu

    here you go
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. #87  
    I have no idea how you guys use the stock battery. The day after getting the 800 patch, I charged up my stock battery and attempted to use it for the day. I told myself I'm gonna act like I'm using my 2600 MaH And do everything the same. My battery was at 48 degrees the whole morning and that's just pulling email listening to mp3s texting and phone usage. By 2pm I was at 40% and then all hell broke loose. I started dropping 10% every 1/2 hour and at 4pm I was at 5%.


    nuts.

    now since then I've been using my extended and the temp hasn't touched 30% yet. My battery is at 70% right now( 9 pm)and ready for drunk texting later tonight.

    I guess I'm not what you'd call a heavy user, I'm what you'd call a "non stop user".
    I've got wifi everywhere I go, 3 emails pulling as they arrive, gps on and I text call email and web browse constantly.

    I absolutely NEED the 2600, and ouldnt live without it.

    as far as day 2 and beyond, my phone is like it's on crystal meth. Fast as hell.
    Last edited by detroitwilly; 03/27/2010 at 08:21 PM.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    I have no idea how you guys use the stock battery. The day after getting the 800 patch, I charged up my stock battery and attempted to use it for the day. I told myself I'm gonna act like I'm using my 2600 MaH And do everything the same. My battery was at 48 degrees the whole morning and that's just pulling email listening to mp3s texting and phone usage. By 2pm I was at 40% and then all hell broke loose. I started dropping 10% every 1/2 hour and at 4pm I was at 5%.


    nuts.

    now since then I've been using my extended and the temp hasn't touched 30% yet. My battery is at 70% right now and ready for drunk texting later tonight.

    I guess I'm not what you'd call a heavy user, I'm what you'd call a "non stop user".
    I've got wifi everywhere I go, 3 emails pulling as they arrive, gps on and I text call email and web browse constantly.

    I absolutely NEED the 2600, and ouldnt live without it.

    as far as day 2 and beyond, my phone is like it's on crystal meth. Fast as hell.
    that was most likely a memory leak somewhere on the phone! but it does use more power thats for sure lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9. #89  
    Yup, can confirm that webOS repair utility pretty much "fixed" my phone. Using 720 for 8 hours now and still no random shut downs.
  10. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #90  
    everything running perfectly fine on my phone.....except that now when I do a luna restart my phone doesn't lock when I turn the screen off. Other than that I'm loving it.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    everything running perfectly fine on my phone.....except that now when I do a luna restart my phone doesn't lock when I turn the screen off. Other than that I'm loving it.
    i believe thats a glitch in 1.4 update
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. #92  
    wow this thread turned out what i never would of expected. Hey Shadavis08... your the (wo)man
  13. #93  
    man thanks ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #94  
    I'm noticing the same issues as the OP. I installed the patch last night and since then I've noticed 3 restarts, 1 instance when my phone would not power back on after pressing the power button (orange + Sym + R didn't work either had to pull the battery) And while using Sprint Navigation I was given multiple battery temperature warnings. And my battery life has definitely suffered. Drains faster than usual.

    I'm using the Seidio extended battery btw. I'll probably downgrade to the 720mhz patch and see what happens. Sucks for me. The performance is noticeably better although the performance from my Pre doesn't seem to match that which I saw from the youtube vid. Ah well. It's a performance gain nonetheless.

    I'll update later with how it goes.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  15. #95  
    My touchstone use with the 720 patch is fine and my temps aren't going above 32. I think it's normal for the back of the phone to get warm when charging on the touchstone though.. the battery is going to heat up while charging. This patch is great. Like a brand new phone but better. My battery life doesn't seem to have changed either.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    I'm noticing the same issues as the OP. I installed the patch last night and since then I've noticed 3 restarts, 1 instance when my phone would not power back on after pressing the power button (orange + Sym + R didn't work either had to pull the battery) And while using Sprint Navigation I was given multiple battery temperature warnings. And my battery life has definitely suffered. Drains faster than usual.

    I'm using the Seidio extended battery btw. I'll probably downgrade to the 720mhz patch and see what happens. Sucks for me. The performance is noticeably better although the performance from my Pre doesn't seem to match that which I saw from the youtube vid. Ah well. It's a performance gain nonetheless.

    I'll update later with how it goes.
    you should try the webos repair utility to fix issues in the phone . the kernels actually amplify the glitches when they are installed. or you can uninstall the kernel and see if that fixes the mess ups but i think its the 1.4 update myself
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #97  
    I ran pandora while letting google maps open and email, txt, and accu weather apps all open for hours on friday with temps not going above 34 degrees. I did hit 40 degrees today when it was on touchstone, but it always got hotter while on the touchstone. And i don't have the patch installed to kill the screen so that could contribute to the raise in heat. Also I should note that when running pandora and all the other apps, I hade the wall charger plugged in so it was charging while running all those apps. And I had bt on with my moto s9hd so it was sending to that as well.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should try the webos repair utility to fix issues in the phone . the kernels actually amplify the glitches when they are installed. or you can uninstall the kernel and see if that fixes the mess ups but i think its the 1.4 update myself
    Will do. Uninstalling the patch and about to run Webos Repair util. Thanks for the help guys.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  19.    #99  
    I ran webos doctor earlier, things were running smooth so I put 800 back on. Things are great now. I think I was wrong in one of my OP saying I did not install any other patches. I did have the battey temp notification installed and I see it's first release did the same thing to mine and other users. It looks fixed now. Thanks for all the help guys!
  20. #100  
    I got 44C and I just got off the phone while charging

Posting Permissions