Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    just throwing this out here: I saw in the main PCentral article about the kernel the recommendation to clock smart by making use of battery monitor.

so today, I downloaded it and was using it and haven't done any overclocking yet. Somehow, it shut down my phone radio and I wasn't getting texts for a few hours and didn't even realize it until I went to make a phone call and my phone app wouldn't load.

anyway, it made me theorize that since many people have been running battery monitor a lot with the new 800/720 patches, perhaps it's the battery monitor app and not the overclocking that has been causing glitches?

again, just an idea based on my experiences today.

Joe
    the initial release of that patch is faulty you need to remove it and reinstall using the revised version
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    could anyone design a patch to dynamically slow the MHz down if it starts to overheat. Day 2 here and no issues. Battery Life seems a little better, esp if phone idling.
    actually you could just turn on airplane mode to stop all processes . turning airplane mode on stops processes with all radios' in the phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    today is the day for me to try the patch,800mhz that is.
  5. Fuu
    Day2 @800Mhz, everything fine.
    no issues so far!
    (German Pre)
    I removed the 800mhz patch and now my screen is unresponsive all the time it seems. I am going to doctor it and hope that helps. I never had this problem before I tried the patch. I was running the 600mhz patch fine.
    it was perfect!! then i attempted to install battery monitor and it all went down hill.

The damn thing deleted preware and everything installed with preware (patches,apps,etc)

I had to Doctor the phone 3 times for it to come back to normal.

But once I got everything back on. I INSTALLED IT AGAIN!!!

This patch is amazing!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    @Looneytunes --why don't you try the repair utility first just do a search on repair utility . It does not erase or reset anything in the phone . The kernel is completely different frlom the rest of the OS so I'm doubting that the kernel is the cause of this . But if the repair utility does not work then doctor it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    it was perfect!! then i attempted to install battery monitor and it all went down hill.

The damn thing deleted preware and everything installed with preware (patches,apps,etc)

I had to Doctor the phone 3 times for it to come back to normal.

But once I got everything back on. I INSTALLED IT AGAIN!!!

This patch is amazing!!!
    yes there was a mess up with the battery patch that caused it to chech battery temp every millisecond . Lol , jason fixed it within an hour or so after that . It been updayed is what I mean.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Day 1 was incredible, nothing bad can be said. Today has been different. It started off when I was in headset mode talking on the phone, the screen would not come back on. So I held the power button down, it made the sound and vibrated, but still no screen. Not two hours later when on a call normal, I go to end it and the screen is unresponsive. Again I press the power button, sound, vibrate and screen notification come up, but the touch screen in not responsive. Both times I had to pull the battery. It has froze and locked up on it's own just sitting there as well, each time resulting in a battery pull. I have not installed anything other than the 800 MHz patch since it was installed. I have never had these troubles before. It's a Verizon Palm Pre Plus, a replacement four days after my release date Palm got stuck in headset mode. It's been dropped once, over a month ago, aside from cosmetic damage, there is no apparent hardware damage.

It's a long shot, but has anyone else experienced any issues as of yet?
    this exact scenario happened to me back in january... headset mode and all, sad thing is, i have no patches or mods.

i have no idea what it was (i have no patches) but after multiple battery re-seats, and several mashings of the keyboard... finally my phone was usable again some 2 hours later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes there was a mess up with the battery patch that caused it to chech battery temp every millisecond . Lol , jason fixed it within an hour or so after that . It been updayed is what I mean.
    well it works now and ill stay away from the battery monitor for a while. the Pre never gets hot anyway I was just tryin to help someone and ended up messing up my own..lol But is all good because is nearly impossible to brick this things anyay
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Temperature is good. Battery drain is slightly worse, but definitely acceptable. Performance is awesome. Running 800, btw. Had one quirky deal regarding the lock screen. The time and fade-to-black look was missing. I reset the phone and everything back to normal. May or may not be related to the patch. Very happy with the added performance!
    i must b in luck cause day 3....still no issues
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    day 3 for me, no problems at all. much more responsive to everything. runs cool. no random reboots as it was before. battery drain is the same, might be a tad better.
    Day 2 for me. Running 720Mhz patch. Responsive, very fast, same battery (24hours between charges) using a Mugen 1400 and runs quite cool. This patch is perfect! These guys as well as Preware guys and WebOSinternals guys need to get paid for their efforts.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steam601 View Post
    Temperature is good. Battery drain is slightly worse, but definitely acceptable. Performance is awesome. Running 800, btw. Had one quirky deal regarding the lock screen. The time and fade-to-black look was missing. I reset the phone and everything back to normal. May or may not be related to the patch. Very happy with the added performance!
    Steam601, I had this back after I upgraded to 1.4. I wouldn't say it was the patch. I haven't seen it since and I have been running the patch for 2 days now.
    @Shadavis08. I took your suggestion and used the utility. It did not find anything wrong. I just doctored and it is all back to normal. I reinstalled the 600mhz patch that I was happy with and no issues to report. Thanks for your suggestion.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ran webos repair utility today, everything checked out except for pmnetconfigmanager which I left alone and did not repair.
    Good call. Do not allow WebOS Repair Utility to replace pmnetconfigmanager if you have installed the 800MHz patch.

I ran the utility last night and did let it replace pmnetconfigmanager. My phone started behaving really erratically after that. I uninstalled the 800MHz patch, confirmed the speed reduction, and then reinstalled the 800MHz patch. My phone is working properly again now, and I've confirmed that the speed is back to 800MHz.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    day 1 was good for me, but on day 2 @800mhz i saw significant loss in battery life. so much so that i had to remove the patch and go back 500mhz. with moderate use it would drop by the minute it seemed. Idk y, but pre became unusable with the batt life drainign that fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Day 2 is like day 1. Just plain great. Told 2 droid and 1 iPhone friend I was running at 800mhz and all they could do was change the subject. No comeback is the best.
    Were they silent because they had no clue what mhz means? Lol I get that sometimes when I talk to people abot computers.

As for me and the patch no pro lems on 2nd day yet. I did find out the battery did hold it's charge a lot better over night. Before when I wake up the battery was always low when I got up today it was at 60+%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast