Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    wow.. i was typing in this thread on my phone and it froze up.. again...

ok.. here... Day one was amazing.. today, i've been getting freezes every hour or so. It happens when i have a couple cards open. If i leave google maps open and set my phone down, it will freeze and the screen MIGHT turn back on, but the touch is completely unresponsive. I seriously BARELY used my phone today and it froze in the browser, in google maps, paratroopers and sometimes just flicking through my launcher pages. I do have an older build of the Pre, but man, i really wish this wouldn't happen, yesterday was amazing! Unfortunately, i need a functional phone, even if it lags

Still tho, big ups to the devs who slammed the time to put this together... its not their fault the pre has depressing hardware.

I love webOS and no matter how frustrating it gets, i just can't seem to leave it, tho i wish i could, my heart says no
    you can try two things . first one is get the jstop app in preware and use the features in the menu . second run the webos repair utility on your phone . if you had any glitches in your phone before the kernel . 1.4 has glitches in it . the kernel amplifies the glitches. so the repair utility might fix them for you . if the repair utility does not work then i suggest the web doctor
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Lovin' the MHz's!! Any thoughts on 1Ghz??
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    2 days, stock battery, absolutely no issues not only does my battery life seem improved, but my phone doesnt get hot nearly as much and when it does get hot it doesnt seem to get as jot as before the patch, so insanely nice, thank you very much for testing and fixing it so well before releasing
    2nd day and i love the speed.
    Battery drain is worse, but maybe managable. The pre did get fairly warm when i ran sprint navigation.
  5.    #25  
    WebOS Repair utility froze my PC on it's first scan. I have restarted since then, I'll try running it again in a bit.
    works great for me I've only had the usual issues sense the phone was released whitch every update has fixed so I don't really know but awesome work you guys are great
    pre froze today with a dark screen, pressed power button several times and finally briefly saw the screen, then it rebooted.

i've been having this problem occasionally after 1.4 with freshly doctored pre w/o patches, then with patches --ie where the screen goes dark or once or twice where it froze. I did not have this problem before 1.4.

ran webos repair utility today, everything checked out except for pmnetconfigmanager which I left alone and did not repair.

pre temp goes to 38 when I'm on the phone or its on the touchstone, then goes back down to range of 27-32 when not in use.

[edit] installed Jstop from Preware and ran automatic garbage collector as suggested later in this thread. Also installed preset reset to start the phone daily. I will check back in w results.
    Last edited by bluenote; 03/27/2010 at 01:21 PM.
    2nd day for me is great, with the exception of google maps not opening up for me at all. When i open the app, it blinks like 5 times then it says i need a network connection to use it. i have wifi on and i have 3 full bars on my evdo connection. I do not know if the problem is with the 800mhz kernal or some other issue, but i will say the speed of my phone is great, and the battery life has improved for me as well.
    I had the same problem with the screen not responding and when I held the power button down it only made a sound and vibrated but that was at least a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    2nd day for me is great, with the exception of google maps not opening up for me at all. When i open the app, it blinks like 5 times then it says i need a network connection to use it. i have wifi on and i have 3 full bars on my evdo connection. I do not know if the problem is with the 800mhz kernal or some other issue, but i will say the speed of my phone is great, and the battery life has improved for me as well.
    you should open the location services app and make sure the proper stuff is turned on . then open phone app go into the top menu on the top left. then into preferences and then scroll down and update network settings and update prl this may help you out, you should also run the webos repair utility . it will just fix stuff not delete anything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have had 2 freezes that required a battery pull. My standard battery seems okay but does drain about 5-7% more than normal. I love the performance though. It does worry me how hot it gets while charging though.
    mines feels good so far n running great
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I have had 2 freezes that required a battery pull. My standard battery seems okay but does drain about 5-7% more than normal. I love the performance though. It does worry me how hot it gets while charging though.
    This is what has scared me. I love using the touchstone but my temperature would rise to around 40+ when I left it on there for a long time. The performance is great without question but the touchstone is something I use all the time at work and home so I removed the patch due to my fears irrational or not.
    I was having the problem where I would hit the power button to turn the screen on and it would not respond, then I would slide the keyboard out to force the screen on and the phone would reboot. This happened after the OTA 1.4 OS update, before I tried to install the 800MHz patch. I remedied this by using JStop and enabling the Auto Garbage Collect and my phone has not froze or restarted on its own ever since.

I then installed the 800MHz patch and my phone has been lightening fast ever since, but it has taken a slight toll on my battery percentage, which was to be expected. So far so good.
    I have had no problems with the 800 yet. I have the 2600 battery and I think it actually runs cooler now. VBA runs much better as do the 3D games. I love the improved speed.
    I love it..I just did mine and it's amazing
    i was considering giving this up and going back to my eris...not a chance tho
    I don't need it and hopefully won't but if I do, where is the repair utility? I am looking in Preware right now, and can't find it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    just throwing this out here: I saw in the main PCentral article about the kernel the recommendation to clock smart by making use of battery monitor.

so today, I downloaded it and was using it and haven't done any overclocking yet. Somehow, it shut down my phone radio and I wasn't getting texts for a few hours and didn't even realize it until I went to make a phone call and my phone app wouldn't load.

anyway, it made me theorize that since many people have been running battery monitor a lot with the new 800/720 patches, perhaps it's the battery monitor app and not the overclocking that has been causing glitches?

again, just an idea based on my experiences today.

Joe
    The thing to keep in mind here is that the devs didn't test every bin batch of the processor. Some will overclock fine, others will choke at the 25% speed boost from the rated 600mhz. Just because some OC well, doesn't mean they ALL will.

I'm installing now, was waiting to see if I had any software issues before messing with the hardware too much.
    could anyone design a patch to dynamically slow the MHz down if it starts to overheat. Day 2 here and no issues. Battery Life seems a little better, esp if phone idling.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast