Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm closing in on a full year of using the Palm Pre and had my first "necessary" battery removal reboot yesterday - Pre seemed to function normally except display would light (ie. received phone calls fine).

Removing the battery was something of a normal routine with my Palm Treo. How often has it been necessary for you to remove the battery?
    I've done it once and I've had mine since August.
    I have never needed to remove the battery. I have changed battery for a fresh one a few times but never for what ever reason,had to fix phone by removing battery.
    never...a luna reset or and orange+sym+r always does the trick for me
    never, Luna is my friend.
    3 times. I've had my pre since launch
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have removed my countless times. I must be unlucky, but I also never tried using orange + symbol + r when it freezes or what not, I just go straight to the battery.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    6/6/09 and only had to pull it once.
    once or twice

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    daily but only to swap batteries
    Only one time in 8 months.
    Review bomb for Palm - Let's do it!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    daily but only to swap my dead battery.... The next Palm device has to abandon these small batteries and go to something much larger!!

I'm about to pull my battery and put my 3rd spare battery in for the day.....
    No removals yet. Quite a bit more reliable than Garnet or WinMo Treos.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    what's an easy way to do a luna restart?? I only do them when prompted by preware... Org sym R is all I know but it takes forever!!!!
    1 battery pull since october-ish..
    Twice since I got it last September, both because the thing just froze up on me & became unresponsive to anything else But after the battery pull the Pre returned to good working order.
  16.    #16  
    Considering what most of us have been use to with previous PalmOS devices, it is an improvement to only remove the battery in the Pre once or twice in a year.

This does beg the question: What do iPhone users do in the worst case scenario?
    Maybe twice since I've owned it..
    i have only pulled it to change batteries. i've had mine since October.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    Considering what most of us have been use to with previous PalmOS devices, it is an improvement to only remove the battery in the Pre once or twice in a year.

This does beg the question: What do iPhone users do in the worst case scenario?
    My girlfriend has the iPhone 3G & it locked up once.. We tried the reset option (I can't remember the sequence right now),, but it didn't help. So she took it back to the store assuming it needs to be sent in for repair. The store did the same button-sequence reset, holding the button(s) down for nearly 2 minutes! All of a sudden the iPhone got it's pulse back & was working fine again

If that didnt' work then it would have to go to the shop. Sux not having a removable battery!
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283 View Post
    3 times. I've had my pre since launch
    Same here....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast