Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    so I've heard all the stories but decided to get the pre anyway. Did I get a good one? How much oreo twist is 'good'? The space bar is a little 'soggy' it doesn't click. Should it?

thanks!
    If the oreo twist bothers you in any way while you are using the device, then it is bad. A little wobble is okay... most of us have that anyways. And buttons are fine if they do not click, as long as they work, and it is comfortable for you to use. Welcome to PreCentral. Enjoy your stay
    All these questions will be answered in time. For now just enjoy your phone.
    A little wobble is fine for a slider, you can't build that type of design without some movement. "Oreo effect" that is bad is quite noticable, you can actually pull the two halves of the phone apart a good ways. My spacebar doesn't "click" as much as the other keys, but it won't if you're pressing off to one side. Even my old Treos were a bit less firm on the spacebar than the rest of the keys.

Welcome aboard!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    my space bar is the same way. all my buttons have a clicky feel to them but that one. its ok though b/c it works.
    The spacebar on my Pre isn't any different than the other keys. It doesn't really click, but I'm used to IBM Model-M keyboards, so everything is 'soggy' compared to those.

Don't twist on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post

Don't twist on the phone.
    +1 = No "Oreo"
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    cool thanks! I was just trying to know if i needed to get a replacement within my 30 days. No off to install preware!
    get the 800mhz patch after your pphone has been activated for a few days. You are going to love the Pre!
    I'd suggest a touchstone to keep the usb cover from breaking, and try not to slide it open with you're thumb like you would a zippo...that supposedly leads to oreo.

Read up on Preware and WebOSQI. They make this phone amazing.
    The Touchstone is an amazingly convenient device, I highly recommend it for the best experience with the Palm. Plus the Touchstone back is much better than the piano black original, no smudging.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    I'd suggest a touchstone to keep the usb cover from breaking, and try not to slide it open with you're thumb like you would a zippo...that supposedly leads to oreo.

Read up on Preware and WebOSQI. They make this phone amazing.
    Wait wait wait... How do you slide it open then? Two-handed? Now I'm curious. Using my thumb to slide a phone open is my first instinct...
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Wait wait wait... How do you slide it open then? Two-handed? Now I'm curious. Using my thumb to slide a phone open is my first instinct...
    Page 31 of the Pre manual recommends one handed use.

http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd...re_p100_ug.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Page 31 of the Pre manual recommends one handed use.

http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd...re_p100_ug.pdf
    Yeah, see, that's precisely what I would do.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS