Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    This Engadget/Entilligence article indirectly praises WebOS for its multitasking while putting down the iPhone and Windows for not being as open about it as Palm is.

Entelligence: Mobile Multitasking is Mostly a Myth -- Engadget
    I found this article quite poorly written. Some quotes:

I think it's a non-issue for the most part, and that Apple and Microsoft are doing the right thing for the mass market by limiting multitask use for third party apps.
    It would be easy to simply dismiss third party apps running in the background, except there are two use cases that do matter.
    What I'd really like to see is Apple and Microsoft figure out some way to allow third parties to do multitasking and run in the background.
    Reads more like a stream-of-consciousness journal entry than a well thought out opinion piece. For me, the bottom line is: multitasking sucks on every mobile platform except webOS (which was only hinted at, unfortunately). Once Palm resolves the memory issues (which I think are resolvable), then webOS will remain the only viable multitasking platform.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Yeah, after I read that article, I wasn't completely sure if the article was against multitasking after all.

Basically, what Wynand said +1.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I found this article quite poorly written. Some quotes:

Reads more like a stream-of-consciousness journal entry than a well thought out opinion piece. For me, the bottom line is: multitasking sucks on every mobile platform except webOS (which was only hinted at, unfortunately). Once Palm resolves the memory issues (which I think are resolvable), then webOS will remain the only viable multitasking platform.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    homeboy is a horrible writer, and I rank up every comment in each post of his that points this out

his entries should have a slightly less lofty header, something like Rambling Thoughts of a Moron