Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Ok, maybe you are not a developer, I am VP of Technology for my company, if my developers pushed out our product with major bugs then they are working after hours and weekends until they release a fix ASAP.

That is my point!
    9 women can't produce a baby in 1 month.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    And you know that Palm isn't doing this because?

I don't care if you are a VP, THE President or CEO ... A quality product should be the rule. If Palm released 1.4 before it was ready because of their self imposed deadline, then they ought to be very careful they don't fall into the same trap with 1.4.1.
    You people are missing the point by a mile, it is my fault to start a conversation with people that refuse any hint that their beloved Palm may have made a mistake. My bad..
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You are the only one that thinks so, and we also wish you wouldn't create another thread to whine about it when there are plenty of threads open already. Search is a very powerful tool.
    It is my choice to create as many threads as I wish, not yours. If you do not like the thread, move on. We don't need your policing services, in fact I do not care if you think I should have searched or not and would not take your input in any consideration.
    Ok, maybe you are not a developer, I am VP of Technology for my company, if my developers pushed out our product with major bugs then they are working after hours and weekends until they release a fix ASAP.

That is my point!
    What an arrogant thing to say. Being a VP doesn't impress, and being in "technology" doesn't mean you know a thing about how to develop and deliver updates to an operating system.

And if you have your people push out buggy code and then "work overtime" to fix things, you should be fired, not your wife. It sounds to me like you are just making stuff up so you can complain a little louder.

However, there is one thing that you should keep in mind while you are complaining and tossing your title around:

9 women cannot produce a baby in 1 month.

So relax, and go install the new 800Mhz patch. It will impress even the most hard-to-please VP of technology.

You might also want to get your wife an iPhone.
    You people are missing the point by a mile, it is my fault to start a conversation with people that refuse any hint that their beloved Palm may have made a mistake. My bad..
    You're just being ridiculous now. Nobody is saying anything remotely like this. But the issues have been mentioned in various threads many, many times already.

Sure, there's bugs in the OS, like there are in any OS. Palm's already acknowledged this, and two weeks ago, publicly stated that there will be an update to fix it "in the coming weeks". They're working hard to get it out, and we already know that the developers in the Early Access Program got their hands on it on Monday.

Seriously, what more do you want from them? A written apology, or what?
    It is my choice to create as many threads as I wish, not yours. If you do not like the thread, move on. We don't need your policing services, in fact I do not care if you think I should have searched or not and would not take your input in any consideration.
    You also have the choice to step out in traffic, but that doesn't mean that you should.

And if "we" don't need policing, then do you think "we" need your complaining? You obviously have a very high opinion of yourself. One that I am not impressed with. You sound like the perfect candidate to buy a Droid.

You might want to lighten up and develop some manners.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/26/2010 at 10:38 PM.
    Dude, this is the most helpful forum around. And it is VERY vocal about where Palm has failed, bugs we find, etc.

You are the one who is missing the point. The point is that it doesn't help anyone (including you) to create new threads on topics that are already being discussed. It's far more effective if all the comments and ideas are in the same thread rather than being scattered across a bunch of similar topics.

And since you've been rounda for a while, it should be apparent that people are a lot more helpful if you aren't so rude.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/26/2010 at 11:06 PM.
    I am a developer myself and I understand what you are saying but the average user (Users who don't visit this site or any site) are propably dropping their phones if it cannot perform basic tasks like calls and texts or if the phone restarts very often.

I will give you an example, my wife also has a Pre, had I not explained to her why her phone is acting up since the update she would have (for sure) dropped the phone for something else.

I think Palm is hurting itself if they don't fix these issues very soon.
    So let me get this straight. You are mad at Palm because they relased an update with bugs. ANd now you want them to rush a fix before it's ready so it will break something else, so you can complain that they released something that broke something, and that they should rush another fix that will probably break something...etc.

Or, we can recognize that this forum gives Palm all kinds of input and pressure from the problems discussed all over this forum. And at some point we have to assume that someone at Palm is working on it. Do you think they are just sitting around playing foosball in the cafeteria?

I love that comment "I think Palm is hurting itself"... We all think Palm is doing LOTS of things that hurt themselves, and us. That's why we try to help each other and provide quality input to Palm.

Restating the obvious in sweeping generalities doesn't help anyone. And having thin skin and taking offense at everything isn't becoming of a VP.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/26/2010 at 11:02 PM.
  9.    #29  
    Wow, you guys really know how to carry a conversation in a civil matter. My original post was abount an opinion I have and you proceeded to attack me personaly. Nice job!
  10.    #30  
    So let me get this straight. You are mad at Palm because they relased an update with bugs. ANd now you want them to rush a fix before it's ready so it will break something else, so you can complain that they released something that broke something, and that they should rush another fix that will probably break something...etc.

Or, we can recognize that this forum gives Palm all kinds of input and pressure from the problems discussed all over this forum. And at some point we have to assume that someone at Palm is working on it. Do you think they are just sitting around playing foosball in the cafeteria?

I love that comment "I think Palm is hurting itself"... We all think Palm is doing LOTS of things that hurt themselves, and us. That's why we try to help each other and provide quality input to Palm.

Restating the obvious in sweeping generalities doesn't help anyone. Hand having thin skin and taking offense at everything isn't becoming of a VP.
    The objective of my thread was not to get in an endless pointless argument with you. Again, you don't like my thread move on buddy...
    Wow, you guys really know how to carry a conversation in a civil matter. My original post was abount an opinion I have and you proceeded to attack me personaly. Nice job!
    You are the one that told us we couldn't understand because you are a VP of Technology and we aren't. And you are the one that said we are f anboys that dont want to hear anything bad about Palm.

And you are the one that attacked me for "policing" that "we" don't need.

If you can't take it, then you shouldn't dish it out.

It gets tiresome when noobs don't search before they post. It's even more tiresome when noobs get snooty because they think they know better. If I wanted more of that, I could just talk to my teenager.

If you want to cry about Palm, there is a sticky thread called 1.4 issues right near the top of the list of topics. Feel free to cry and post in there. It's very poot netiquite to create frivoluos threads, and it's even worse to take a condescending approach and attack others. This isn't the department of redundancy department.

You will need to learn that before you can advance from VP to SVP. I'm just trying to help your career.
    The objective of my thread was not to get in an endless pointless argument with you. Again, you don't like my thread move on buddy...
    Chances are that your ojective was to draw attention, express frustration, and "hear" the sound of your own magnificante voice.

Well "we" don't need you telling "us" to move on. Just like I don't think Palm wants to hear "what you would do if you were Palm"
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    As our resident VP of Technology, maybe you could come up with an execution plan for Palm to help them get 1.4.1 out the door faster?
    The OP's post/thread title proves exactly why palm shouldn't rush things...

If you don't rush, you catch bugs and mistakes! For instance, the thread title says 1.4.4 but the OP is talking about and only mentions 1.4.1.

I also have to question his status of a developer if he bases supposed release times of 1.4.1 as if it should be the same span 1.3.1 came out after 1.3
  15.    #35  
    Chances are that your ojective was to draw attention, express frustration, and "hear" the sound of your own magnificante voice.

Well "we" don't need you telling "us" to move on. Just like I don't think Palm wants to hear "what you would do if you were Palm"
    That is what your simple mind thinks. My objective was to start a conversation with smart people, not you
    Uh huh:

Thank you for being very classy! And absolutely disconnected from the real world. People like you develop loyalty to a provider no matter what, and usually are blind to the shortcoming of that vendor. That's how these companies make money, off of people that are not smart enough!
    Hey pot, meet kettle...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    The OP's post/thread title proves exactly why palm shouldn't rush things...

If you don't rush, you catch bugs and mistakes! For instance, the thread title says 1.4.4 but the OP is talking about and only mentions 1.4.1.

I also have to question his status of a developer if he bases supposed release times of 1.4.1 as if it should be the same span 1.3.1 came out after 1.3
    I agree that Palm should not have rushed 1.4 but this different, they need to fix thhese issues though and not wait long. I know of at least one person dropping the device because of the update and you know what the rule is, for every one you know there are 10 you don't know
    wow... this thread needs to be locked.
    if you state an opinion that disagrees with a majority, you can't expect it to be accepted.
    if you state an opinion that disagrees with a majority, you can't expect it to be accepted.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast