Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ... and I freaking love the phone! I'm very glad I bought it despite what you hear in the news and the issues you read in the forums.

Yeah it's not perfect: I noticed a couple of double keys right from the beginning. But I don't mind at all because I'm not a perfect typer and always have to fix myself anyways. So it's no different than before. And the double keys are uncommon. It's still worth it for the vertical-slide keyboard!

It's quick (with some lag), but not quick like the Droid. When it comes down to it, it's very tolerable. It's no different from 2g/3g iphone running OS 3+.

And what's up with that battery cover? I felt like I was going to break it off the first time trying to open it.

Now what do I love about it? Well, while I was on the bus coming home today, I was commenting on Facebook. Then I forgot the point I was going to make in that comment, so I switched over to my web browser to find out. Then I suddenly had the craving for chinese takeout, so I switched over to make a phone call to order some chicken wings and pork fried rice. But it felt good going back to the same exact spot I was in with my comments partially typed on Facebook. I know it's not the best of examples, but it made me feel good knowing the multi-tasking abilities of this phone.

This phone fulfills the primary things that I need in a smartphone: being a very good communicator and organizer. I initially had a Blackberry which I think is king for this, but their OS is freaking ancient. This Pre Plus has all the programs that I need with proper notifications.

It's also been 36 hours since I last recharged with seldom to moderate usage. It's currently at 29%. I don't think that's bad at all for a smartphone with a new battery.

And it's so stylish!

Overall, like I had always thought, this phone has lots of potential. It does have its quirks, but it's just some growing pains. It's not like any other smartphone out there (OS and vertical slide keyboard form factor [maybe Bold Slider?]), so it's good if you don't want to be like everyone else. I am currently sticking with OS v. 1.3.5, and will happily wait to upgrade to 1.4.1.

That's my new user story. Hopefully this will help those on the fence about getting a Pre/Plus. I was on the fence before... now I fell to where the grass is 'oh so' green.

Last edited by scratch4; 03/26/2010 at 04:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Now what do I love about it? Well, while I was on the bus coming home today, I was commenting on Facebook. Then I forgot the point I was going to make in that comment, so I switched over to my web browser to find out. Then I suddenly had the craving for chinese takeout, so I switched over to make a phone call. But it felt good going back to the same exact spot I was in with my comments partially typed on Facebook. I know it's not the best of examples, but it made me feel good knowing the multi-tasking abilities of this phone.
    Perfect commercial!*

*just need to add a 3d game in there
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch4 View Post
    ... and I freaking love the phone! I'm very glad I bought it despite what you hear in the news and the issues you read in the forums.

Yeah it's not perfect: I noticed a couple of double keys right from the beginning. But I don't mind at all because I'm not a perfect typer and always have to fix myself anyways. So it's no different than before. And the double keys are uncommon. It's still worth it for the vertical-slide keyboard!

It's quick (with some lag), but not quick like the Droid. When it comes down to it, it's very tolerable. It's no different from 2g/3g iphone running OS 3+.

And what's up with that battery cover? I felt like I was going to break it off the first time trying to open it.

Now what do I love about it? Well, while I was on the bus coming home today, I was commenting on Facebook. Then I forgot the point I was going to make in that comment, so I switched over to my web browser to find out. Then I suddenly had the craving for chinese takeout, so I switched over to make a phone call to order some chicken wings and pork fried rice. But it felt good going back to the same exact spot I was in with my comments partially typed on Facebook. I know it's not the best of examples, but it made me feel good knowing the multi-tasking abilities of this phone.

This phone fulfills the primary things that I need in a smartphone: being a very good communicator and organizer. I initially had a Blackberry which I think is king for this, but their OS is freaking ancient. This Pre Plus has all the programs that I need with proper notifications.

It's also been 36 hours since I last recharged with seldom to moderate usage. It's currently at 29%. I don't think that's bad at all for a smartphone with a new battery.

And it's so stylish!

Overall, like I had always thought, this phone has lots of potential. It does have its quirks, but it's just some growing pains. It's not like any other smartphone out there (OS and vertical slide keyboard form factor [maybe Bold Slider?]), so it's good if you don't want to be like everyone else. I am currently sticking with OS v. 1.3.5, and will happily wait to upgrade to 1.4.1.

That's my new user story. Hopefully this will help those on the fence about getting a Pre/Plus. I was on the fence before... now I fell to where the grass is 'oh so' green.

That's great, glad you're liking the phone...putting up reviews (if you haven't already) on amazon/verizon/cnet, etc will also helps those who are on the fence
    I'm glad you like your new phone, really!
    I hope you have fun here, at PreCentral.
    That's awesome. You came in at a point where WebOS is a total breeze to work with and you will come to love the elegance and simplicity of the gestures. I've owned my Pre since July '09 and I can honestly say that I'm satisfied and my monthly bill is soooo small.
    well done and welcome, yove got the best OS, and your at the best place for all ur palm pre needs!lol!
    and it will only get better with new updates.. over the past 9 months, webOS has improved a lot already and gotten many new features. Palm's speed of innovation is really amazing.
    Review bomb for Palm - Let's do it!
    now you can enter the speed zone and put the new kernels 720 or 800 script on your phone and fly !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->