1.    #1  
    What happens if you update WebOS after installing the 800mhz patch?

This morning my 800-patched Pre asked me to update to 1.4.0. Uhm.. What?? I'm already running 1.4.0 according to device info. It's a "new" refurb from Sprint insurance shipped on Tuesday.

Are there different versions of 1.4.0? Will installing an update kill my Pre?
    Should I uninstall the 800-patch and then run the update?

Did anyone get update nags while testing out the patch?
    If you read the instructions for the 720 and 800MHz patch you will see you MUST UNINSTALL before any update.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    If you read the instructions for the 720 and 800MHz patch you will see you MUST UNINSTALL before any update.
    The OP is already on the 1.4 software... If you learn to read, you will understand that he is being asked to update to 1.4 after the 800mhz patch... even though he's already on 1.4??
    Last edited by alxb; 03/26/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    Have you done anything like use ipkg to remove the NFL, NASCAR, or Sprint Portal apps?

I know that around 1.2 or so, I updated, then removed NASCAR and the Sprint app, and then a few hours later got an update notification that ended up reinstalling those apps.
  5.    #5  
    It auto-updated while I was looking up how to block updates.

Luckily nothing bad happened. The NFL, NASCAR, and SprintTV apps are still hidden. Pre is still running overclocked.

Weird.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Did you check the version that it shiped with .Every replacement i received it had a older OS on it.Last time i got one it shiped with 1.2 on it.Be sure to check when you get a replacement phone before installing patches of this nature.