1.    #1  
    I have to say some of the best ads I thought were the Mac vs PC ads. Admittedly, Microsoft tried to combat briefly with Bill and Jerry doing some silly ad. The idea was great because it was a direct comparison of computers that consumers could glimps in 60 seconds. In todays world there are so many damn smart phones available, how does the consumer even know what to pick? Hell I'm somewhat tech savvy and I had a hard time trying to decide. Most consumers are at the mercy of the sales rep at the cell phone store. What they like/use, they will sell with little regard sometimes to what the consumer really wants/needs.

So what if...

Palm should run an ad that has a guy sitting behind a desk (the boss/consumer) interviewing different cell phones for the job. I can see it now, he/she could ask an iphone, for example, "so how are you at multi-tasking?" and let the iphone answer... Then show the same scene with the boss/consumer asking a pre the same question... let the pre answer. If you had to hire based on that decision, who would get the job?

Anyway I can see it going on and on with the various phones and operating systems with all sorts of questions that highlight the great webOS and the pre. Could be really fun.

Bottom line is the average consumer has no idea what the differences are and they can be huge... Just a thought.

Any other interview questions for Mr. Pre?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I hate those mac commercials.
    So egotistic. So annoying.

Your scene is okay, but there are some really good ideas for Ads.
    Like showing a Pre and an Iphone and a droid side by side.

There's a narrator saying this:

1. Can you play 3D games?
    The Pre and Iphone come up and the droid falls back.
    2. Can you answer a call while playing the game?
    The Pre and Iphone both do that.
    3. Can you go back to the game?
    Then the Pre goes back nicely and the Iphone starts loading the game up again.

Or stuff like that.
  3.    #3  
    they are but they work I think...
    I see it very simple:

Show iPhone user playing 3D game, call comes in (From Mom) and ruins the whole game, you hear iPhone user scream in agony as he almost made it to the end. Switch to same 3D game on Pre, call comes in (From New Girl in Accounting), Pre user says, "Sure I'd love to meet up for drinks" ends call goes back to game and finishes game. Tag line "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing."
  5.    #5  
    I love it...

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I see it very simple:

Show iPhone user playing 3D game, call comes in (From Mom) and ruins the whole game, you hear iPhone user scream in agony as he almost made it to the end. Switch to same 3D game on Pre, call comes in (From New Girl in Accounting), Pre user says, "Sure I'd love to meet up for drinks" ends call goes back to game and finishes game. Tag line "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing."
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Great idea for an ad, think it would work really well...maybe we need to start up PreCentral Ad Agency and start compiling these...

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I see it very simple: