1.    #1  
    Look at what Ziff Davis is saying about this user's commercial for the Palm Pre:
    Unofficial Palm advertisement is arguably better than actual ads | The Toybox | ZDNet.com

Palm spent 6 months advertising to creepy vampire girls. They were careful to not show anyone actually enjoying the phone. Next they did a series of ads for the Pre Plus that show women as stupid.

Why can't Palm release this commercial? It actually shows what the Pre can do. Even better, it is not demeaning to potential customers.

If you want to give Palm your opinion, here is their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/26/2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Wasn't the stupid women Verizons ads not Palms? Although Palm had to have known they were going out.
    To be fair, Those ads were from Verizon and palm has nothing to do with them.
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Amazingly it actually shows what the phone can do. They could take this idea and build different versions of it and keep cranking off this idea, toning some of them down for the average user and simplifying them, racheting others up for the techies out there. This is what will create a buzz and what should have been done from day 1.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  5.    #5  
    VZN and Sprint can't advertise a product without the owner's consent.
    True, but these commercials are all the carriers not palms.
    life moves fast tag lines are all palms.
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    That video is leaps & bounds better than what Palm has done. Many props to that video creator.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Very good commercial.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I hate to disagree, but I'm not so sure this is better than Palm's latest official commercial. Certainly it's got really nice graphic appeal, but right where the comment appears "why can't everything be this easy", I actually thought to myself "what is going on?" There's just too much moving around from above the page to inside the page, my eyes were being pulled in two different directions and I have no idea what either were doing. I lost track after the appointment that said "tell everyone why webos rocks". I was completely lost at that point. It actually looked confusing and I could easily see someone who has had no experience with webOS come away from that saying "why do these phones have to be so complex to use".

Nice job on the sound and graphics - definitely professional quality, but could use a better argument.

It's been said many times and I will say it again, apple commercials work because they give real life situations. This does not. If people can't associate something in life with getting it done faster on a phone/pda, it's just useless.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Nice work, but that commercial is confusing and overwhelming. Advertises entirely too much in that 30 second spot.

With that said, it looks great.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I hate to disagree, but I'm not so sure this is better than Palm's latest official commercial. Certainly it's got really nice graphic appeal, but right where the comment appears "why can't everything be this easy", I actually thought to myself "what is going on?"
    This commercial was successful because it got you to feel something. Imagine not owning a Pre and seeing it. It sparks curiosity, much like the Droid ads.
    It's impressive for its production quality, considering the source.

But as far as actually something Palm should replicate or would work on tv? Sorry, no.

The new "Life moves fast" ad is much better.
    Here's a quote from Wired.com:

Heiko Thies is the fellow behind this video spot, which manages to be both exciting and slightly edgy. It also totally makes me want to buy a Pre.
    Seeing that quote on Wired (and comparable quotes on Engadget, Gizmodo, PCMag, etc.) really says everything that needs to be said about the ad.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I hate to disagree, but I'm not so sure this is better than Palm's latest official commercial. Certainly it's got really nice graphic appeal, but right where the comment appears "why can't everything be this easy", I actually thought to myself "what is going on?" There's just too much moving around from above the page to inside the page, my eyes were being pulled in two different directions and I have no idea what either were doing. I lost track after the appointment that said "tell everyone why webos rocks". I was completely lost at that point. It actually looked confusing and I could easily see someone who has had no experience with webOS come away from that saying "why do these phones have to be so complex to use".

Nice job on the sound and graphics - definitely professional quality, but could use a better argument.

It's been said many times and I will say it again, apple commercials work because they give real life situations. This does not. If people can't associate something in life with getting it done faster on a phone/pda, it's just useless.

Quote Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
    Nice work, but that commercial is confusing and overwhelming. Advertises entirely too much in that 30 second spot.

With that said, it looks great.
    I felt the same way. The ad is quite impressive and very well done, but more of an attention-grabber than an all-out display of webOS. While it appeals to Pre owners who wished for something similar at launch, it struck me that those unfamiliar with the webOS might wonder what's going on. I went into more detail in the other thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2334062
    See how easy that was?

While it's not the type of ad that will stick in people's minds it's definitely a step in the right direction. At least it's the type of ad I stated some time back that Palm needed to make: quick hits of the functions with descriptions of what's going on. Show off what the phone DOES rather than making people have weird ethereal feelings about the phone.
    OMG I didn't know my phone could do that stuff.
    It is a great ad
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!