1.    #1  
    I finally got the approval from my company to get the Pre+ on Verizon (switching from ATT). My company employs 66,000 people so the approval process on new devices takes some time especially if you want to use EAS.

Now that the time is here, I find myself waiting for a few critical issues to get addressed before retiring my trusty 680.

1. Double keys being entered - one big reason for not getting the iPhone is lack of a keyboard. Having an unreliable keyboard seems even worse. I hope 1.4.1 addresses this problem

2. GPS not locking or not accurate - I use Telenav multiple times per week. I believe that I can port the Sprint image to the Pre+, but all the problems reported about GPS locking make me worried.

Lastly, the AT&T pitch about being able to talk and surf the web at the same time has some appeal. I am on ATT now. A Pre+ on ATT would be an easier migration since I just swap the SIM. The GPS application problem would be addressed too since ATT supports Telenav. Now if I just knew how long "in the coming months" was!

The thought of StyleTap on the iPhone with HotSync coming soon makes my head hurt since I could then use Datebk6.

Any advice?
    Last edited by swieder; 03/26/2010 at 03:28 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I would say to look for the Pre + around June or July for AT&T. That is just my guess.

As for the keyboard, it is a software issue, and 1.4.1 might fix it. Hopefully we will know for sure in the next three weeks or so.

Either with Verizon or AT&T, you will pay the same for GPS. If you're that fond of Telenav, which is a great system, then yes, you might want to wait for the Pre + to hit them.
    Last edited by laelipoo; 03/26/2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: enter too soon
    for sure you may want to wait until the next update. 1.4 is the worst update to date and is very problematic, my wife lost her job because of the 1.4 update, that should tell you enough....
    do you mind explaining how your wife lost her job over 1.4? I'm hoping that you're joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    for sure you may want to wait until the next update. 1.4 is the worst update to date and is very problematic, my wife lost her job because of the 1.4 update, that should tell you enough....
    How did your wife lose her job....
    Is your wife head of QA for Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by alxb View Post
    How did your wife lose her job....
    My wife has as I do a Pre, hers is a stock phone with no patches. Aside from all the reported issues like freezing and random restart, the last restart caused the phone to not boot until the battery was pulled out. She always used the alarm to wake her up at 5 for work but after 1.4 her alarm failed to work on two consecutive days resulting in a no call no show and therfore lost her job.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    My wife has as I do a Pre, hers is a stock phone with no patches. Aside from all the reported issues like freezing and random restart, the last restart caused the phone to not boot until the battery was pulled out. She always used the alarm to wake her up at 5 for work but after 1.4 her alarm failed to work on two consecutive days resulting in a no call no show and therfore lost her job.
    she slept through the whole shift -- ? wow

-- i don't think it was 1.4 that cost her the job -- a write up maybe but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me -- if my alarm failed --(and i use it every day before and since 1.4 ) i think i would have tried a different solution the next day -- not being critical at all but i think it is silly to blame the OS for missing work two days in a row.
    Ha! your wife slept through her whole shift? I don't mean to laugh at the fact that she lost her job, but that is clearly not palms fault. This has to be a joke.
    oh and by the way i cannot get my wife to keep a job either -- but she never blamed a phone --
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    she slept through the whole shift -- ? wow

-- i don't think it was 1.4 that cost her the job -- a write up maybe but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me -- if my alarm failed --(and i use it every day before and since 1.4 ) i think i would have tried a different solution the next day -- not being critical at all but i think it is silly to blame the OS for missing work two days in a row.
    You can think whatever you want and I find it very insensetive to try to blame her for that, if she was ur wife you would feel the same. And she did not sleep through the shift, she slept for 2 more hours and that was enough. And I don't care if the alarm worked for you, the fact is it did not work for her and if you read this site carefuly you would see other people having issues with alarms as well. As far as fool me once, I personaly deleted her alarm after the first incident and created a new one. The thing that bother me the most about fanb0ys that they blindly defend the phone although we all know 1.4 is a piece of ****, even developers admit that
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    Ha! your wife slept through her whole shift? I don't mean to laugh at the fact that she lost her job, but that is clearly not palms fault. This has to be a joke.
    You can think what you want, until that happens to you you would not understand. Has any of you read the forums after 1.4? This update may destroy this phone reputation if Palm does not address these issues. Random restarts, missed calls and texts, Palm did not even inform developers of changes that affected many programs, are you guys blind? Or yoy just defend a phone so blindly? Why do you think Palm is not doing well? Their product is buggy to say the least. I still have the phone and I use it but that does not stop me from pointing out it's problems
    I haven't had any adverse issues with 1.4 sorry. Maybe you should invest in a proper alarm clock next time? But then again, it's always easier to blame someone else for your own shortcomings.
    That's strange how some people's alarm stopped working, I have had my Pre since June and have used it every day as an alarm clock and not once has it failed to go off on time. I am not saying that this is not an issue, what I am saying is what is causing this random issue? I am running Preware with 30+ patches and have not had any issues since the 1.4 update. If my Pre's alarm failed on me just once, I would have run down to Kmart/Walmart and purchased a 5 dollar alarm clock, that's just me, everyone is different.
    I am not saying that there are not problems with the new update -- there always are -- what i am saying is that while it great that your wife trusts you to have fixed the problem -- in hind sight she should have had a back up alarm for the next day -- Really it is your fault for telling her that her alarm would work the second day. Now you are mad because you have to pick up her part of the bills but the truth of the matter is that it wasn't the pre's fault and it surely wasn't palms fault --- it was their issue that caused her to be late the first time -- if she worked for me i would have been a little iritated at 2 days in a row for that excuse myself --besides if she called when she woke up she wouldn't have gotten the no call part of the no call no show would she have ? or did 1.4 make the phone not work either?
    Last edited by mespiff; 03/26/2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: added