Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    It was a refreshing experience. Their Pre model was out of battery and their touchstone was not working at the time so I couldn't play with it (which I wanted to do). I am eligible for an Upgrade April 1st. Anyways, I asked a rep if they could charge the bad boy in and he said no, but that I could play with his Plam pre, he took it out of his pocket and said here, take it for a spin. He then went to the back to find a touchstone for the display model.. He came back 1 minute later and said, any questions? We began talking about the pre, he should me preware, a few games and a few apps. I asked him, why he would let me play with his phone, it must be a sprint owned company phone. He said it was his personal phone and then whipped out the HTC Hero and said this is my company phone, which he never uses. He said to get the Pre, I wouldn't regret it.

This was after going to 2 other sprint stores and seeing the pre being put down.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yeah most sprint employees put down the pre because of complaining customers that experienced the Pre prior to the 1.3.5 update. 2 updates later, the pre is definitely a force to be reckoned with!
    And for the record, the pre doesnt get any love at my local sprint store either lol. None of the employees even own one, but 2 of them were considering it after i picked a fight with them. I luv my pre
    Sprint Palm Pre running....
    Theme: PreRed
    Patches: Overclocked at 800MHz! 4x4 Icons v3, Battery Icon as Percent, Device Menu Megamix, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Increase Font Size 17, Show App Details, Show Download Count, Video Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    We began talking about the pre, he should me preware, a few games and a few apps.

That made my day, I wish there were more reps like that. But that is asking for a lot, seems like most of them don't even know the basics of WebOS.
    I took my Pre in for replacement cuz the Spaztic Volume Icon issue was seriously getting on my nerves (they didn't replace it, BTW, cuz there was physical damage on the phone; side cracks, missing USB door pieces).

While I was waiting, the rep saw me playing Assassin's Creed and flipped about how awesome it was. I showed him a few more 3D games and he was in amazement of the quality. He had no idea how cool the phone was. Sad.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I took my Pre in for replacement cuz the Spaztic Volume Icon issue was seriously getting on my nerves (they didn't replace it, BTW, cuz there was physical damage on the phone; side cracks, missing USB door pieces).

While I was waiting, the rep saw me playing Assassin's Creed and flipped about how awesome it was. I showed him a few more 3D games and he was in amazement of the quality. He had no idea how cool the phone was. Sad.
    Definitely sad! Sprint employees definitely need to have weekly meetings
    Patches: Overclocked at 800MHz! 4x4 Icons v3, Battery Icon as Percent, Device Menu Megamix, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Increase Font Size 17, Show App Details, Show Download Count, Video Downloads
    Last time I was in a sprint store the employee was also using an Hero and he didn't understand why I was switching from my Touch Pro. He then was trying to sell me an Hero even though I had already bought the Pre and was just there getting it activated.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I highly believe that this is another reason that Palm is going down the drain. Sprint themselves is marketing the Pre well but their employees dont know crap about the phone
    When I went to the Verizon store I was close to, TO test the Mobile Hotspot since it wasn't working with my PS3, The rep that was helping me also owned a personal palm pre+ that we tested the wifi from his pre to connect to my pre+ hotspot he was pretty blown away since he didn't think it would be possible. But he was very helpful and didn't put down the Pre+, He also connected one of the vista laptops to my palm pre+ hotspot just to make sure both connected.
    The price to pay for being on multiple carriers.. Especially when competing carriers get the better version? Palm tried to grow up too fast.
    Without Preware, the Pre would be dead in the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Without Preware, the Pre would be dead in the water.
    While that might be true (arguable considering how many Pre owners actually use Preware) I think it's also necessary to follow that comment with a comment on the great job Palm has done in recognizing the Homebrew community. While the developers for all the tweaks have done a great job in providing features Palm has not gotten to it is also important to acknowledge the attitude Palm has taken with the majority of the 'unofficial' work being done.

Kudos to the developers and to Palm.
    Nice to see an employee using the Pre! I was at a Sprint store the other day saw that their demo model had just the stock apps on it. So I downloaded NFS, Pandora, Twee, and a couple other apps onto it and made sure NFS was up and running as the demo. They need to show what this phone can do!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nice to see an employee using the Pre! I was at a Sprint store the other day saw that their demo model had just the stock apps on it. So I downloaded NFS, Pandora, Twee, and a couple other apps onto it and made sure NFS was up and running as the demo. They need to show what this phone can do!
    You downloaded NFS on an in-store Pre? Making sprint pay $10 for their own ***** has to be classic lol
    I also just had a positive Sprint store experience. Went to the store near Wall St., they had a Pre on display (dead battery), but two of the floor reps were using their Pre's, and were able to help me (looking for a new pouch). Both knew about the latest updates/features.

Going to check out a Verizon store soon.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    the sprint store by my house is so useless. The main chicks nails are like 99 inches long and she doesn't know the difference between a hero and a pre.
    the sprint store I go to both the repair techs have pre's as their personal phones. I love the insight they give me from time to time. I firmly believe to understand the pre you need to own one and play with it for a few days...most employee's don't so it is what it is. Their is just too much to know about this phone for someone to know if they don't own it.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    People tend to like what they have vs what the other person has. Mainly because they are comfortable with it.

My guess is Android is paying Sprint and these other companies to force their phones on them. So then when a customer comes in, the rep will likely suggest what they have.