Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed the 800mhz patch last night and charged to 100%. Took the phone off the charger at 7:00am made a phone call and then I went to the gym and worked out while listening to music for about 1.5 hrs and it is now 11:00 and I am only down to 97%. Normally I would be down to 85% with this activity. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    I wish, mine def has the 1.4 battery bug and is draining much faster than normal anyway.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I am at 81% at 11:22 AM after coming off a full charge at 6 AM. I would guess that it hasn't made it any better or worse, I can usually get through until 10 PM without having to charge and will find out what time I need to put it on the charger tonight, but seems to be draining as normal. Even if the drain shows/gets worse, the speed that my pre now moves at is just amazing. No complaints on my end.
    Last edited by slpintern; 03/26/2010 at 01:18 PM.
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
    I'm sorry, what patch is this?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    mine seems to be doing better as well. took it off charger at 6:30 am its now 12:45 and im at 90%. only usage was a few text and a preware update check. but this still seems a bit better then before. Im running 800 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by slpintern View Post
    I am at 81% at 11:22 AM after a full charge...
    It would help if we knew when you pulled your phone off the charge so we could make some sense of that 81% charge remaining figure you threw out there. Can't tell if thats after 3 hours or 30 minutes as it stands now.
    No speed burst patch on mine (using stock 500MHz). Ive read a few emails on mine. Took mine off the charger at around 8:30am and its now 12:50 and Im at 90%. I need the battery to be good for the weekend so Im going to wait till Sunday to try the 720Mhz patch!
    Not sure I can believe that. If you are getting that kind of battery life. More power to you. That is great!
    - Skinneejay -
    I'm running at 720mhz and my battery drain is comparable to stock 500mhz. I can last all day no problem even with some moderate use. Also I'm using the stock battery but I'm going to pick up a 1400mAh battery soon.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    10Hr work days, texting my wife, nephew, mom and making calls, using the web for my hour lunch using the latitude app, playing a little klondike solitaire and then i get home to a battery level of normally 38% at that point but now 51%. I'd say that the 800MHz patch improved my battery life because i can do more in less time, but i have to say with all my 3D apps the phone doesn't actually feel any faster for me.

I take my phone off charger at 6am every morning and dont return it to power till 10pm every night.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    See when I run the 3D games they load twice as fast running at 720.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    i have caj2008/unixpsycho kernel install and im using the CPUScalerUber app.

i have the "Scale 250-->800mhz" option selected. I draned 1% of battery in 5hours. However this was done on my developer phone which stays in airplane mode and was sleeping for the duration of the 5hrs.

The CPUScalerUber app lets you choose your cpu speed or enable cpu scaling options. It can save you battery life if you scale or choose a lower frequency.

download the CPUScalerUber app here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...u-speed-5.html
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    @ Joescan09: the pix of Palm phone past is missing the Samsung i500.....
    hijack over
    I can say for sure, my battery life has not been improved. I listen to Slacker Radio for about an hour every morning, and that drains about 10% of my battery everytime, today it was 13%.
    I have noticed that if I don't use my phone at all the battery will stay at 100% for a long time. I'm talking about four hours. But if I do alot of browsing it goes fast.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    It would help if we knew when you pulled your phone off the charge so we could make some sense of that 81% charge remaining figure you threw out there. Can't tell if thats after 3 hours or 30 minutes as it stands now.
    Good call...sorry about that. It came off the charger at 6 AM.
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
    Put the patch on last night, rebooted and gave it a good charge. I took Jethro off his touchstone this morning at 8:15, with data, talk and GPS all on. I switched to WIFI when I got home. At 2:15, I am at 70%, with moderate usage [some browsing, texting, battery monitor up, Bad Kitty updating every twenty minutes, Weatherman, Geostrings].

Comes to around 5% an hour, something I can live with.
    How many people here would consider being part of a statistical study (done by me for my Stat 221 class) to determine what the battery life difference between a stock Pre and 800Mhz Pre is?
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    ... I took Jethro off his touchstone this morning...
    Jethro?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I have noticed that if I don't use my phone at all the battery will stay at 100% for a long time. I'm talking about four hours. But if I do alot of browsing it goes fast.
    That's because the UI% (what you see in the upper right corner)
    can show 100% for anything between 95-100% actual battery percentage.
    It has to do with the logic it uses to protect the battery when you leave the
    phone on the charger and it tops the battery off and then lets it discharge down to
    95% before it starts charging it again (all the while displaying 100%).
    Basically, don't trust the battery % when it's close to 100%. Use
    the battery monitor app if you want to see actual battery %.

Anyway.. back on topic. Installed 800Mhz patch yesterday, charged it up
    to 100%, and took it off the charger 15 hours ago and it's down to 84%.
    Battery monitor reports 1.2%/hr drain. Stock battery, Wifi on, GPS off, I've
    got two polling email accounts and I've read a few emails and used the
    browser for a few minutes (mostly trying to stay on standby for this test).
    I have achieved comparable drain on both 1.3.5 and 1.4 at 500Mhz
    so I can say that at least for mostly standby, 800Mhz patch has not
    increased or decreased battery drain. That's good news, as
    generally my battery drain is excellent (I've gotten over 60 hours of
    standby several times now)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast