1.    #1  
    was wondering if leaving the pre on a touchstone for 3 days straight (without using the phone) would do any harm?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I wonder the same thing. When mine gets to 100 percent it constantly dings and I'm afraid that it might be overjuicing the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shoes View Post
    I wonder the same thing. When mine get's to 100 percent it constantly dings and I'm afraid that it might be overjuicing the battery.
    This is a problem with the touchstone -- i had the same thing with my first one and traded it back for a new one -- it fixed the problem -- there is a patch that offers a workaround for the issue -- i personally can see no reason why you could not leave your phone on the touchstone 24/7 if that was your desire the charging circuitry should not allow it to damage the phone -- i have heard that some phones get hot on the touchstone -- i have never experienced this but that would be my only real concern about leaving the phone docked --- (i have heard that a full reset may help if you suffer from a heating problem but cannot confirm)

Rob
    I have left it on the TS over a weekend and had no issues. I dont have the dinging issue on both my TS's.
    You can't overcharge a modern rechargable battery, once full charge is reached, the charging hardware kicks down to a trickle "maintenance" charge, just pushing enough power to keep the battery at full charge until you take it off. I've got various rechargable things that pretty much stay on the charger until I need them, my BT headphones have stayed on the charging base for upwards of a month at times.

My Pre doesn't make a sound once the battery is fully charged. It only gives me a notification to show its connected and started charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    was wondering if leaving the pre on a touchstone for 3 days straight (without using the phone) would do any harm?
    This will do no harm to your phone.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic