Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I think the background music is wrong. It should be more contemporary--that would appeal to young people.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Can people add in search criteria, so we can find these on our Pre Youtube app? I use the PC to read the forums, but don't have youtube access.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Great Job!
    What software did you use?

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    The person who made that needs to get paid. Best. Palm. Commercial. Ever.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I think the background music is wrong. It should be more contemporary--that would appeal to young people.
    Life moves fast
    Last edited by akitayo; 03/27/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    I think it's a good ad. Ad's don't have to spell everything out letter-by-letter, they just need to get your attention and make you say, "Hmmm, interesting!" and I think it does just that.
    Not everyone will like it, but most would agree that it's better than any other commercial we've seen in the US for the Pre or Pre Plus. Heck, I even hated the Pixi ads.
    96,000 people saw this ad in about 2 days-they found it and clicked on it. That's almost 100,000 people--completely amazing (13,000 youtube views for Life Moves Fast--Palm's newest commercial).

well done, Palm should be thanking you for the free publicity!
    Last edited by bluenote; 03/27/2010 at 01:24 AM.
  8.    #28  
    I watched your spot 10 times now, still great, but at the end I suggest you to add: showing full front Palm Pre Plus and saying the name of the device.

Otherwise IMO the consumer will not know of what device are you talking about. I mean we know it is Palms , but what model?

In this ad, only who have a Palm Pre or Palm Pre Plus know what device is.
    I actually consider doing another ad sometime next week with ideas and feedback from the community. This is already discussed in official thread to my fan-ad.
    I agree that we need to make things clearer to get through to people not knowing webOS and the devices at all.
    These are for the www.WebOSRoundup.com PalmSpot competition. Very nice stuff!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    To people who think that the ad isn't good because it makes no sense, you must not watch much TV, as most of it doesn't make sense..

Love the ad, makes me want to go buy another for my girlfriend.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    I actually consider doing another ad sometime next week with ideas and feedback from the community. This is already discussed in official thread to my fan-ad.
    I agree that we need to make things clearer to get through to people not knowing webOS and the devices at all.
    Thats great I canīt wait your new ad
    "Why can't everything be this easy" killed the ad a bit for me. You never really showed anything being done per se. This isn't a direct knock on you or the ad, I just think that those words don't apply here.

If you put "Effortless multitasking" or something similar, I think it would greatly improve the ad, because now people know what you were showing off.

Just my 2 cents.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Just Posted This On My Facebook!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    "Why can't everything be this easy" killed the ad a bit for me. You never really showed anything being done per se. This isn't a direct knock on you or the ad, I just think that those words don't apply here.

If you put "Effortless multitasking" or something similar, I think it would greatly improve the ad, because now people know what you were showing off.

Just my 2 cents.
    good point.

would be great if we can give him some ideas about the title for the ad .

"Easy mutitasking" or "Multitasking, is just easy"
    Last edited by akitayo; 03/27/2010 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I don't get why everybody suddenly fell in love with this fan made video. No offence, it's well made graphics-wise. But the ad makes little sense and I think the average viewer wouldn't get what the hell it's about..
    exactly... It needs more orignal iphone type advertisements...
  17.    #37  
    IMO The first spot just needs to change the title and to add a front view of the Pre with the name of it to the left.

I was just wondering. Did the iphone have a multitasking ad ?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    IMO The first spot just needs to change the title and to add a front view of the Pre with the name of it to the left.

I was just wondering. Did the iphone have a multitasking ad ?
    Yes, they showed all the things you could do while on hold or while talking to your friends. They never showed switching between apps, just that the phone app works in the background.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  19.    #39  
    I see. Thanks
    I loved the commercial. I also agree that it helps explain multi tasking without sounding too geeky (or is that geekie or geeke)?

I hoep Palm actatualy airs it!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12