Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know if it's good?
    I just downloaded it for god knows why. I keep making the mistake of buying expensive 3D games and playing them once. It's not the pres fault, I do the same thing on my ipod touch too. 3d first person games just do not work on touchscreens.

nova-played once(ipod)
    heroes of sparta-played once
    mc sandstorm-just downloaded it, probably won't play again
    need for speed-much more playable than the shooters. I love games that take advantage of the accelorometer.
    i got this one too,it is fun, but I think that $6 for these games are too much. I would agree to a standard of $2 per game or something, but this $6 - $m0 stuff is a little out of hand.

They are fun games though for sure, they also run much better with the scaler app, and the 720mHz - 800mHz patches.

The game runs very smooth for me though, the one thing that goes for quite a few games out there so far is that you need to use your thumb to turn the screen for you when moving. There is a way to change that I think, but I havent played enough to get to that part yet, just tried the first level (training)

I recommend trying it out on a friends pre first if you do not want to spend the loot for it yet..

Also, there are demo apps out too, but it would be cool to release games for a 3 day trial first, then ppl could test on their system to make sure they want to buy the game. If not 3 day trials, they could at least to 2 hour trials, that would be enough time to run some tests, without the devs giving too much away for free..

just my two cents

later
    Has anyone tried online multiplayer? Just curious if it really works. I have been waiting for multi-player 3D action games. Since this is a Gameloft game...it will be added to my phone today after work. Can't down load it now or I would not be able to complete any of my work!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    i got this one too,it is fun, but I think that $6 for these games are too much. I would agree to a standard of $2 per game or something, but this $6 - $m0 stuff is a little out of hand.
    Heck of a lot cheaper than paying $40 for the PC version that might stink too. God knows how many computer and console games I've bought over the last 30-odd years that cost a small fortune that never got played again. $6 is more than reasonable, I'd say.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Has anyone tried online multiplayer? Just curious if it really works. I have been waiting for multi-player 3D action games. Since this is a Gameloft game...it will be added to my phone today after work. Can't down load it now or I would not be able to complete any of my work!
    it works. Played this morning. 4 player matches max
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    it works. Played this morning. 4 player matches max
    Sweeeeet!!! Thanks! What the hey, it's Friday...down loading now. My work can wait until Monady...right?

$7.00 for this game expensive? If it is anything like Brothers in Arms...worth every penny in my book!!!!
    I'm considering it. It looks great and multi player sounds fun. Gonna wait for a few more reviews. I don't understand the lack of demos either.
    it's awesome. the campaign is huge, and the multiplayer is beast. however, there are many spawn campers, so beware
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

They are fun games though for sure, they also run much better with the scaler app, and the 720mHz - 800mHz patches.

The game runs very smooth for me though, the one thing that goes for quite a few games out there so far is that you need to use your thumb to turn the screen for you when moving. There is a way to change that I think, but I havent played enough to get to that part yet, just tried the first level (training)

I recommend trying it out on a friends pre first if you do not want to spend the loot for it yet..

Also, there are demo apps out too, but it would be cool to release games for a 3 day trial first, then ppl could test on their system to make sure they want to buy the game. If not 3 day trials, they could at least to 2 hour trials, that would be enough time to run some tests, without the devs giving too much away for free..

just my two cents

later
    i suppose you want to go to a sharks game for 2 dollas too. i mean come on its not like the games only have like 2 levels or something. most of them are full blown ds quality atleast. they are definitely worth 6 bucks. but i do agree with the whole demo thing. every platform has a chance to dl demos before you buy, so these games should have them as well.
    Same here I bought the first 3 or 4 3D games and I find myself playing the free 2D games more like Air Traffic and Helicopter.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Why does everyone around here think apps should be super cheap? Whatís with the sence of entitlement? I like good deals also, but come on. Letís look at some of the facts. Asphalt 5 has had 16,554 downloads so far. Letís say 1/3 of that is re-downloads. So Gameloft has sold around 11,081.18 copies of Asphalt 5. Letís say they had at least 3 guys working on this project for 6 months. If they just charged $2 and they sold 11,081.18, this brings in around $22,162.36. Aside from the fact the company would like to see some profits; if these programmers just got paid by the download, they would have each made $ 7387.45 in 6 months. How many of you would work around 1040(fulltime) hours in 6 months on a project that has only paid you $7k? These three guys would have been better off working at McDís for minimum wage for those 6 months. They would have made $7540 there. I know they worked hard in college to be able to make less than minimum wage [sarcasm]. If you want anyone to be willing to provide a product, you should be willing to cover the costs. People are trying to make a living. They have bills too. I'm just sayin.
    jus got done getting my *** kicked on multiplayer I still think it's fun nontheless
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Same here I bought the first 3 or 4 3D games and I find myself playing the free 2D games more like Air Traffic and Helicopter.
    Haha mee too.

I just got this and it's kinda choppy compared to iphone video reviews. Kinda tricky controls with the screen its size. (and again the screen cover makes it harder)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Haha mee too.

I just got this and it's kinda choppy compared to iphone video reviews. Kinda tricky controls with the screen its size. (and again the screen cover makes it harder)
    Try changing the screen control layout.. to screen view. the controls become dynamically placed.
    i love the multiplayer. Im trying to get use to the controls still tho. played about 4 matches and 1 single player level. Love that you play vs ipod touch/iphone people as well. that way there isnt only 3 people playing online haha. i give it a 4/5 so far tho

Gameloft Live ID: TM3dz
    SCK Manager
    There is a crazy glitch with the shotgun that all ******** online love exploiting and camping at spawn points and just blasting you all day. You can kill people with the shotgun from 300 feet away with one shot. This is bull**** ruins the online experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    There is a crazy glitch with the shotgun that all ******** online love exploiting and camping at spawn points and just blasting you all day. You can kill people with the shotgun from 300 feet away with one shot. This is bull**** ruins the online experience.
    Agree entirely. Besides that, I just dislike the virtual controls, made one last exception for this, and never will again.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I just downloaded it for god knows why. I keep making the mistake of buying expensive 3D games and playing them once. It's not the pres fault, I do the same thing on my ipod touch too. 3d first person games just do not work on touchscreens.

nova-played once(ipod)
    heroes of sparta-played once
    mc sandstorm-just downloaded it, probably won't play again
    need for speed-much more playable than the shooters. I love games that take advantage of the accelorometer.
    You and me both.

Earthworm Jim - nearly unplayable
    Assassin's Creed - playable despite the virtual controls, but not all that fun to me
    Gangstar - it's okay, but nothing special; virtual joystick, but the controls are just slightly better than Sandstorm and Earthworm Jim.
    Sandstorm - controls again make it nearly unplayable to me
    X-Plane Apollo - boring as hell
    Asphalt and NFSU - both are really fun, but trying to play while moving (on bus / subway / train) is difficult since they're accelerometer controlled
    Glyder 2 - fun, but see above
    X-Plane - fun but needs more of an objective
    X-Plane Carrier - same as Glyder and NFSU / Asphalt

The 3d games I enjoy most only need a few touches to control; Oregon Trail works great, as do Uno, Tetris, Let's Golf, Scrabble, and Monopoly. Dungeon Hunter works pretty well if you turn off the virtual joystick as well. Here's hoping Canabalt gets ported, that's a great game that has the simplest controls.

But honestly, it's such a hassle to run these games on the original Pre. You have to close everything that you're doing, and cross your fingers and hope that that's good enough and you have enough free memory. Half the time, that just means I'd rather play a Mojo game. It might not be as complex, but I can still multitask without issue.
    You know i honestly enjoy playing this game. Sure it has it's hiccups, and the controls arent flawless, but you get used to it. It would be more fun to play if i could use the bluetooth to tap into say my ps3 controller, and have some sort of mounting device to attach the pre to the controller, that would be nice.
    This game is lots of fun, it takes some getting used to before you can competently handle the controls... but it's tons of fun once you do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast