Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw a thread about Opera, bla bla bla, if we're going to incorporate another web browser on the palm pre, it should be SKYFIRE. I had it on my windows mobile.. and let me tell you, this thing was smooth, fast, and above all, FLASH WAS ON IT. It was sweet; I was able to go to many different sites on there. Youtube, hulu, facebook, watched movies from the web ON MY PHONE...yea!! oh miniclips too (although it was hard to play games).. and uhh plus many more sites ;-) . Screw Opera, lets bring SKYFIRE to webos; However, when the pre is flash compatible, then uhhh yea, buh bye skyfire. Just saying.

Anyone ever used skyfire?
    Last edited by paliotte; 03/25/2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I used Skyfire a while ago on my Moto Q. It was great. If they ever release it for the Pre, you better believe I'd be all over it. I am kind of curious if I'll miss it that much when/if we get flash...
  3.    #3  
    I've been waiting for skyfire to announce that they'll bring it over to webos, my pre would be much more fun with it. Idk if I'd miss it neither.. however, skyfire was one of the best web browsers I've ever used.
    Skyfire was tight on my mogul. I remember watching youtube videos all day. but skyfire would kill your phone in 20 minutes. lol
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Skyfire was tight on my mogul. I remember watching youtube videos all day. but skyfire would kill your phone in 20 minutes. lol
    hahaha, yea it drained battery life drastically!! I'm sure it's improved on the battery life by now... hmm err not. idk
    As it stands the WebOs browser is a pretty darn good browser....and with all the improvements via patches that increase the usability of it I just don't see the need to a different browser. Once Flash gets released I'm sure less and less people will be salivating over other mobile browsers.. Patience is a virtue...and the key in this case scenario. IMHO.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtroncoso View Post
    As it stands the WebOs browser is a pretty darn good browser....and with all the improvements via patches that increase the usability of it I just don't see the need to a different browser. Once Flash gets released I'm sure less and less people will be salivating over other mobile browsers.. Patience is a virtue...and the key in this case scenario. IMHO.
    True, however if skyfire was on webos, I'm pretty sure you'd be all over it!! Nevertheless, as of yet, it isn't. I'm fine without flash, and it will be a great luxury to all mobile phones that it's compatible with.. and believe me, I am very much anticipating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtroncoso View Post
    Patience is a virtue...and the key in this case scenario. IMHO.
    Patience is the key in any scenario that includes Palm...
    Why not both Skyfire and Opera?

As Opera Mini was just submitted for Apple's App Store, a port via the new PDK is a hope of mine.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Patience is the key in any scenario that includes Palm...
    Lol.. good one
    For the love of god give me one of the 2. I almost switched back to my 3 year old winmo phone the other day to watch something at work on the skyfire browser.
    Skyfire is a terrible browser. The only good thing is the flash and flash isn't in the browser. It's all done on their end and then sent to you similar to Opera. When I had Opera and Skyfire both I only used Skyfire to watch flash, but other than that the WebOS browser is better than both of them.
    No one would argue that, WebOs browser is by far superior except and its a big except for the flash, but the issue is atleast there is/was an option to use it on winmo.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    flash isn't in the browser. It's all done on their end and then sent to you similar to Opera.
    If that's true, I wonder if there's a way to fake out the Skyfire site to pass Flash through it using a different browser. Any hackers around?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Why don't we try to get Skyfire for Webos? After all it makes all Flash video streamable.
    In my opinion SkyFire would be a good substituion until we get the Relase of Flash Player 10.1. What are your thoughts?
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I haven't used Skyfire since the old Windows Mobile days and didn't use it a whole lot. I'm not sure how much it has improved since that time, but I'm content with the stock WebOS browser.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    I was thinking about this yesterday, and after using PreFox I feel like now I need a better browser. Thing is, although SkyFire is super fast and all, I'm still not comfortable enough letting them do all my private browsing serverside. It's not secure enough.
    I would agree that it isn't the right fit for us. All that just for Flash?! Our browser is good and has been continually improved upon. (But options never hurt anyone.)

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Just seeing what our options are doesn't hurt, in my opinion the Webos Browser is Great, but the only thing missing is the inclusion of Flash support in some manner.

With the addition of somekind of Flash support any web browser would be fully open to it's full capabilities.

Palm has FlashPlayer 10.1 coming to all current Webos Devices, including Pixi. Who knows when it will actually arrive for webos.

Any ideas to improve Flash or a Flash Alternative?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Webos has the best browser, if only they could incourpate skyfires flash playing ability with Webos Browser we could truly have access to the entire internet experience.
    Is anyone up to submitting the idea to skyfire.com?
    I know that I will definitely.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast