1.    #1  
    The virtual keyboard is amazing with the new 800Mhz patch! Only if it had auto correct I would use this instead of the actual keyboard
    yea I was gonna post this too! It's so much faster now!
    waaay faster for me too!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    wow, forgot about that.... Its blazing fast with 800Mhz
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    It was very fast (after the first load) but I noticed that I stopped getting vibrations for incoming notifications while charging (also on silent mode). I uninstalled, re-booted, now the notifications are back. Strange stuff.
    It's pretty sweet for 720 also. Now if we could at least get the delete to work. lol joking
    I use it combined with landscape messaging when i'm laying town and too lazy to use the physical keyboard
    it is pretty fast, but now I REALLY NEED an autocorrect...when trying to type quickly I just end up with a lot of mistakes...anyone try to improve the virtual keyboard lately?? I haven't seen much new done on this patch recently...
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    it is pretty fast, but now I REALLY NEED an autocorrect...when trying to type quickly I just end up with a lot of mistakes...anyone try to improve the virtual keyboard lately?? I haven't seen much new done on this patch recently...
    definetly needs an update
    <<<< WebOS Represent >>>>
  10.    #10  
    Would it even be possible to implement auto-correct into the virtual keyboard?
    It the world of tech..anything is possible..
    Wow, much better and yes my backspace nolonger works..it used too??

Sorli...
    it had it at one point but it was SUPER buggy.

the backspace issue can be fixed with a reset sometimes for me.
    the backspace button will not work in web pages like filling out forms online or passwords, etc. Can't remember why, but it is what it is.
    How come this patch has not got an update for a long time?
    maybe because they now have a few paid apps for virtual keyboards. Check out the WOG keyboard.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Do you know what, I'd really like an auto-correct like that kind that was recently on the news.

Instead of it auto-correcting it attempts to prevent errors in the first place. Basically as you type it makes most probable next keys larger while the improbable ones smaller, and whenever someone hits the backspace and a new key it remembers to make that one larger than before in that circumstance. It was also determined that a small dictionary provided a huge gain and was much less intrusive and you weren't stuck with the false corrections.