Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This may be a dumb question, but I did a quick search here and on the Palm site, but couldn't find an answer.
    Is the Palm Pre (Plus preferably) compatible with my Mac? I guess what I mean is, will I be able to simply plug my Pre Plus into my Mac and drag and drop my MP3s and M4Ps on to it?
    absolutely, it is unbelievably easy. The pre shows up on your screen when you plug it in just like a USB stick would appear.

Also, you can use it with itunes 9.01 and earlier and it will show up as an ipod but I don't do it as it is so easy to drag and drop.

Similarly, web os quick install will be easy to put on your computer and then you can download homebrew, just make sure you have java 6 installed.
  3.    #3  
    Fantastic. That's the big problem I had with my LG Dare.
    Follow up dumb question, what is Homebrew?
    also one thing I noticed it does on my mac but doesn't on our xp bootcamp partition is when you eject the Pre, the phone goes back to normal operating state. With xp I have to unplug the usb cable too for it to do that
    there are some innovative developers that have created apps and also
    modifications (called "patches") to the operating system that allow one to do things like show a date on the first page etc. These unofficial apps and patches do not show up in the official palm catalog although some of the homebrew apps eventually "graduated" to the catalog.

You can read all about installing them here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html

There is also a forum for Palm pre tips and tricks and you can ask questions as well.
    Enjoy your Pre and welcome, its an excellent phone.
    hi, as a mac user I can tell you it's very easy, however, if you are running anything older then mac with 10.5 for the os, the patch and tweak installer (webos quick install) does not work, from what I have read on the forum. there maybe a way around this by now but I wanted to give you a heads up just in case.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    I have an iMac with Snow Leopard - works great!
    yea I'm just another mac user chiming in here and I can say that I have yet to comaccross any problems and I've had my pre since august, and everything has been syncing pretty easilyso I doubt yiou should have any worries.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    hi, as a mac user I can tell you it's very easy, however, if you are running anything older then mac with 10.5 for the os, the patch and tweak installer (webos quick install) does not work, from what I have read on the forum. there maybe a way around this by now but I wanted to give you a heads up just in case.
    Hmmm, I've got 10.4.11. I've been thinking about upgrading to Snow Leopard, but wanted to wait until any bugs were worked out. I guess I'll need to look into it next week. Thanks for the heads up.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    also one thing I noticed it does on my mac but doesn't on our xp bootcamp partition is when you eject the Pre, the phone goes back to normal operating state. With xp I have to unplug the usb cable too for it to do that
    Also a Mac user, works just as it should! I especially love how easily it syncs with my iPhoto with the pictures I take and the Videos from my pre!

As for the quote above, I have bootcamp windows 7, when i eject it it goes back to the normal screen. So its probably just XP being XP.

Hope you enjoy your Mac/Palm combo as much as I do!

Cheers!
    Another Snow Leopard user here. Add DoubleTwist (for media sync.), Handbrake (for video re-encoding) and ZumoDrive (for cloud file sharing) and you have a pretty near perfect setup.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Another Mac user here...and all is well with my Macbook and Pre+. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  13.    #13  
    Those of you that haven't mentioned what you are running, could you post what version of Mac OSX you're running and if you've had any issues?
    Thanks.
    I have both 10.4.11 Tiger and 10.6.2 Snow Leopard. No issues with any stock features. Only when you want to install anything home made from this community (which is what we call homebrew) do you need Snow Leopard.

The homebrew tools (webOS QuickInstall) need a newer version of Java, which is not available for Tiger. In that case I am afraid you'd either need to upgrade your OS or bootcamp into Windows.

If you only want to drag over files, such as documents, photos, music, any OS that supports USB drives should work fine.
  15.    #15  
    Ah, okay. I'm sure I'll eventually want to do more than drag and drop, but I've seen a number of low reviews for Snow Leopard making me think the bugs still aren't worked out. Of course, they may be running more complex stuff than I am (iTunes, Safari/Firefox, Word, etc.).
    Another happy Mac/Macbook and Pre user here... What I love is the bluetooth tethering which allows me to use the internet in the train on the way to and from work.
    Setting it up with the Mac is as easy as it gets: pair the devices, then in the BT menu select your device/connect. Done! 3G surfing from the Mac
    Macbook running Snow Leopard and Sprint Pre here. I used the Missing Sync for a while, as a replacement for Palm Desktop, but switched to Google/Doubletwist/Evernote trio for my syncing needs. Works like a charm.

As long as you have the latest updates, there's no reason why you should have any trouble with your mac. Quick Install works lovely, and even updates itself.
    Mac mini/OS X v10.6.2
    Sprint Pre/webOS 1.4

No issues
  19.    #19  
    I may have to just bite the bullet and get Snow Leopard. I'm hoping I can just get the $29 version. Some were saying that I couldn't get the upgrade since I'm running 10.4 and never had 10.5.
    I don't think the $29 upgrade will take you from Tiger to Snow Leopard.

I use Missing Sync to keep iCal and Address Book on my iMac (OS 10.62) in sync with my Sprint Pre. I use iTunes 9.01 to sync my music and photos. All work flawlessly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast