Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    wow! What a great video. This is mos def the best I've seen
    While very beautiful, I have to say that the ad isn't very effective. Like the Palm ads before it, this ad still doesn't show how this phone would make my life better. All I see are card every where. If I don't know anything about WebOS I don't know what is good about this. This may have succeeded as an initial ad, but Palm needs to show off how WebOS works and why it is better than other modern smart phone OS's. I am still going to go with the idea of someone playing a 3D game and then handling notification while he gets them in game.

My 2 cents.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I still think Heth's (ThiesFX') is the best yet, and IcerC has great ideas too.
    The bar has been raised, guys.

Anyone else with a video or an idea for a video should post it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...win-prize.html

or here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ebos-here.html

to be put together with the others for maximum exposure.

Thank you everybody, for all your efforts.
    Links broken.

Edit: Nvm, they didn't work the first time I clicked on them. They are fine now.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    you should make another commercial for the next viral day on the 8th to post with our tweets and status updates!
    fun ad , deserves front page mention for creativity
    [edit}: over 118,000 views by the third day (wow!)
    Last edited by bluenote; 03/27/2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I haven't even watched it yet, but from everyone elses response - great job. Now I'm off to watch it!
    The bar has been risen!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I was thinking of posting a tread on his great work... Lol.. You beat me too it... I did tweet it & Palm Retweeted me in about 5 min lol... He is def getting great exposure now!
    I love the vid & he deserves all the credit he is getting
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    For the record, it appears that it was also submitted for the contest. Though, it doesn't matter yet, any views aren't important until April 19.

But anyway, all of the contest videos are here:

YouTube - webOSroundup's Channel
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Amazing, dog. If your commericals are that good, you need to be making games for WebOS
    As your agent, I urge you not to accept any offers in Palm stock. Other than that, Palm give this creative genius a call and hire him immediately.
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    hey that commercial was pretty awesome.
  13. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    The "I Like Birds" spot isn't nearly as visually stunning, but is a much more informative take on what it's like to use webOS. And it still visually interesting, just not as stunning as this one.

xtn
    Quote Originally Posted by paliotte View Post
    wow, I don't think anyone else can top that one!! Looks like we have a winner!!!(?)
    There are three categories, and a video can win in only one of 'em... What that means is that anybody still has a shot at winning awesome prizes! Don't be discouraged!!!
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    While very beautiful, I have to say that the ad isn't very effective. Like the Palm ads before it, this ad still doesn't show how this phone would make my life better. All I see are card every where.
    Yeah while it looks cool what is it trying to say? Why is the phone on top of the book? Why is the book, phone, and simulated cards above the phone all swiping through cards?

Am I missing something here or is this just a clip to show some cool video editing? With his/her talents, a really good commercial could be made - just need a good idea to execute.

Nice eye candy though!
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    The "I Like Birds" spot isn't nearly as visually stunning, but is a much more informative take on what it's like to use webOS. And it still visually interesting, just not as stunning as this one.

xtn
    I agree that song sure is catchy.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    great job
    I thought it was pretty sweet, but I felt there was too much going on would it be a television ad.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    Yeah while it looks cool what is it trying to say? Why is the phone on top of the book? Why is the book, phone, and simulated cards above the phone all swiping through cards?
    To me, it shows how the Pre becomes integrated in one's life (the magazine page) and then how so many things can be going on at once. If I didn't know anything about the Pre, I think I'd be fascinated at the idea of just how much this phone is capable of doing.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I relate how this ad makes iphone ads look low tech to how webos makes iphone os look out-dated.

and yet the ad is still elegant, unlike the droid commercial and it's os.
    Last edited by spare; 03/26/2010 at 02:42 AM.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast