Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hes hired!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    Nice, BUT....it still doesn't show what the Pre can do, and that is what is lacking from all the palm commercials. A commerical needs to be made showcasing the use of cards and how multitasking works using the Pre...But very well done non-the-less
    Yeah I agree. This looks great to us webos geeks who know the working to a tee but to Joe Sixpack?

Little things: fix the. to a ? and change to palm logo to the current one.

It's beautifully done though, congrats.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Is their anyway for that person to send that to palm?
    wow. Did anyone send this to palm? Brilliant! And at no point did it imply that palm phones are only for women.

genius!

I hope everyone tries to top this one because palm needs a bunch of these to make a dent!
    Palm.... I'm still waiting. Did you hire him yet???
    this should def. be in the front of precentral!!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Yeah I agree. This looks great to us webos geeks who know the working to a tee but to Joe Sixpack?

Little things: fix the. to a ? and change to palm logo to the current one.

It's beautifully done though, congrats.
    it's all about just intrancing people by just making them say "wow that was cool, maybe I'll go check one of them out" and I think that did. Atleast for me anyway.
    No doubt it is very well done. But does it sell the phone when viewed through non "Pre owner" eyes. I would love to see a longer clip that demo'd multiple uses of the device and it's ease of use. The clip can be up to 2 minutes long.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    No doubt it is very well done. But does it sell the phone when viewed through non "Pre owner" eyes. I would love to see a longer clip that demo'd multiple uses of the device and it's ease of use. The clip can be up to 2 minutes long.
    I'm not even sure it was submitted for the contest, considering it's on the guy's personal Youtube page. The stuff for the contest is supposed to be sent as the movie file to the site holding the contest, and then shows up on the site's Youtube channel.

Also, the finalists are chosen by number of views, with counting starting on 4/19, so posting it elsewhere and having a ton of people watch it before then lowers the chances of winning the contest.

If I thought I had any shot of winning, I'd probably keep that information to myself.
    That ad is awesome. I saw that palm retweeted it. It reexcited me about webos and I hope that a new device comes in what's left of the year. Great job ThiesFX !!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    This phone definitely sells the phone to non-users, or at least sparks genuine curiosity. The problem with ALL Pre ads thus far is none of them have shown the OS directly.

The beauty of Apple's ads (with the iPhone in particular) is they make you feel as though you just used the product. Palm's ads sort of just throw stuff at you and not even in any meaningful way if you arnt familiar with the OS. Are those rectangles real? Does she see that? What is this, really? Oh, this thing has GPS. Hmm.

This, like the iPhone commercials, puts it in your face. Here, go at it.

I'd like to see two more, one taking place at the job and one taking place on a vehicle, the job one dealing with multiple notifications and emails and the vehicular one dealing with notifications while playing multiple games and texting friends.

Using the magazine as visual metaphor for the cards as the Pre rests on it was brilliant, and sort of the way Microsoft did it in their Windows 7 Series commercial; this was handled much more powerfully though.
    Well done! I can only hope someone from Palm Marketing has seen this and makes a deal with the one who created this video. Palm needs to start airing this as their commercial.
    ok
    so
    who wants to make a commercial involving this song?

iphone, android? pffffffft

it would be catchy, no?
    this would be an awesome superbowl commercial. packs a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. well done!
    That was very impressive indeed. Palm could use some commercials like that.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Outstanding video, great job on it. I agree you can build a couple more showcasing even more with a couple more clips and string them together. Wouldn't mind seeing one dealing with the same concept but having someone actually using the phone working the cards in a similar fashion. Think that this is what Palm needed from the get go to really peak interest in what the Pre really can do.
    thats a good video for sure but needs a few more seconds added and needs to be on tv where everyone can see it !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I still think Heth's (ThiesFX') is the best yet, and IcerC has great ideas too.
    The bar has been raised, guys.

Anyone else with a video or an idea for a video should post it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...win-prize.html

and/or here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ebos-here.html

to be put together with the others for maximum exposure.

Thank you everybody, for all your efforts.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 03/25/2010 at 09:39 PM.
    Man that was awesome! Kudos to you sir for a job well done!
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    I think the special effects were simply outsanding, but it lacked in showing web-os...
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast