1.    #1  
    Then why couldn't U2 have done the ad campaign for the Palm Pre and not the Crackberry?
    Because Elevation Partners is not owned by U2 as a company, nor did they pay U2 to advertise. Bono is an investor, not an owner.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Because Elevation Partners is not owned by U2 as a company, nor did they pay U2 to advertise. Bono is an investor, not an owner.
    Bono is a Managing Director and Co-Founder of Elevation Partners
    Elevation Partners : : Investment Team
    He took the money he got from Crackberry promotion and dumped it into Palm... what more do you want?
    Right. Co-founder doesn't make him an owner, though, Elevation is owned as an entity by the actual corporation. He's also the co-founder of a few other charity and investment type organizations, but he just owns stock, he's not a listed owner.

In either case, Elevation Partners is Bono alone. Clayton, The Edge, and Mullen have nothing to do with the company. I'm quite sure there's regulation against Bono advertising his own investment practices through a third party like U2. Heck, I wouldn't let him do it, if you're making money off my work in a band, you'd better be shoveling some of that my way.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Blackberry sponsored their tour. If Palm had done he would in effect have been using his own money to sponsor his own bands tour. I believe I would let someone else pay for it.