Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I just installed the patch. I LOVE it. I don't care if this thing gets hot or if its going to burn out my device. I can actually enjoy using it more now. Ill be first inline for a new pre if it breaks.

Now how does this effect the batterylife?
    Real numbers would help but I will take any feedback on batterylife.
    Ive been doing some initial testing with the 720 kernel and battery life does not seem to have drastically changed. If you haven't already, get the battery monitor app from Preware and you can monitor changes in your battery life based on your individual usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by emikey View Post
    I just installed the patch. I LOVE it. I don't care if this thing gets hot or if its going to burn out my device. I can actually enjoy using it more now. Ill be first inline for a new pre if it breaks.

Now how does this effect the batterylife?
    Real numbers would help but I will take any feedback on batterylife.
    You could ask caj2008 to send you some alpha test data...but dont do it for a couple of days as he deserves a rest!!!
    please phrase posts like this as a question. People are going to think you are listing battry results
    ok so if I'm using a 2600 MaH extended, is this going to have different results?

and say one of us did burn the thing out, wouldn't it still be covered under the innsrance?

how would they know?
    My first day of using the 800mHz one, with the stock battery, I hit the 20% remaining warning after 6 hours. That's with ~15 minutes on the phone, ~45 minutes of 3D games, a tiny bit of using GPS, and occasional web browsing, emailing, Tweeting, etc.

As always, battery life depends mostly on what you actually do with your phone. Lately I'm never that far from one of my Touchstones, so 6 hours might be good enough for me, haven't decided yet.

I've got 2 emails set to receive mail as it arrives, GPS and location services on (but anonymous data collection off), a GTalk, AIM, Yahoo account all constantly logged in, Twee checking every 15 minutes, Weather Dashboard every 30 minutes, Pack&Track every 15 minutes, YouView checking (I believe it checks every 5 minutes, though don't know for sure), and I used Wifi for probably 3/4 of the time and EVDO the other 1/4.

Honestly, there's days when my phone isn't overclocked that it has similar battery life though. My best guesstimate from past experience would be that it's probably taking away 30 minutes to an hour from my overall battery life, but that's just a guess with no real data behind it. (I'm running stock other than the overclock, so I don't have BatteryMonitor installed to be able to get good data from).
    Last edited by jhoff80; 03/25/2010 at 06:23 PM.
    maybe 5% an hour more it seems for me.
    where do I get the 800 mhz patch?
    im still @ work dying to get home to install it, i have 3 batteries so i dont care about how much lol
    im trying to see ppl feedback, is it nice? i want to do the 800 the he ll with it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    where do I get the 800 mhz patch?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    my phone has not had much of a change at all atleast for today. I am more than pleased.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I've been running 720 all day and battery is about the same as before.

I recommend everyone install one of these. Makes phone amazingly better. This is how it should have been out of the box
    Almost no noticeable change in battery life here after a day's solid usage. If it is decreased it is very insignificant compared to the amazing gains in speed and functionality of the WebOS. No heat issues, crashes, or hangups either. This is your Pre on steroids!
    I want to believe, but good golly! This seems much too good to be true! How can the battery life from the 600MHz days take a hit and now we're at 720 and 800MHz with no significant hit? What power saving magic is employed in this kernel and why is Palm not using it?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I agree with chizler, i'm having the same awesome experience with the patch
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I've had very little difference in battery life. The speed is definitely worth it.
    Palm defiantly should have did this out the box. Works amazing and I've had 5% less battery life today which I can deal with since it opens messaging and the browser almost instantly now.
    what would the reason forinstalling the slower patch? Saver temps? Fewer crashes? Tell me why I would do that and not the 800, pls. Cuz I can't wait to try it.

verizon should patch all the display phhones in their stores, too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast