View Poll Results: How often do you record video on your Palm device?

Voters
284. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haven't used it

32 11.27%
  • Less than 2 times

72 25.35%
  • Less than 10 times

83 29.23%
  • More than 10 times

97 34.15%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How often do you use the video recording feature on your Pre/Pixi? Sorry for the obscure poll options. I voted for the "less than 2 times". haha...I really wanted the feature, but ended up not using it ever lol
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    How often do you use the video recording feature on your Pre/Pixi?
    I have used it pretty often when I go out to the piano bar

I use it quite often
    I've used it to record one video just for the novelty when it came out. Its a feature I had on all my phones before the pre and its something I rarely use. I bought the pre knowing it wouldn't have the feature for awhile, and it made no difference to me.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The video app is very impressive in quality, but I quit using it because it's so sluggish. Sometimes I start a recording an nothing happens. Sometimes it gets choppy for no reason. It's a shame because the app is good but it's the hardware that's messing things up.
    I've used video recording a few times short of...never.
    For those of you that do use it a lot, how do you think it holds up to other phone camcorders you have used??
    video cam is a lot better now runnin @ 800MHz just sayin...and I use it, but it's not very often
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The video app is very impressive in quality, but I quit using it because it's so sluggish. Sometimes I start a recording an nothing happens. Sometimes it gets choppy for no reason. It's a shame because the app is good but it's the hardware that's messing things up.
    The few times I have tried it the video and sound were out of sync so I stopped using it. I plan on trying it again but haven't needed it yet. So I guess that means I don't use it very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Same here. I have a 16 month old son and there have been several times I wanted to use it, but the thought of waiting a minute just to start a recording that may or may not work has stopped me.

Here's to hoping 1.4.1 fixes it!!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    used it last NIGHT with the led patch... all i can say is it worked perfectly. let's see the mighty iphone record in the dark!!!
    never
    I use it whenever I go see bands and that's on a bi-weekly basis.
    It's one of the few things about the phone I hate. A 1 min video can't be sent to my wife cuz the file is too large. A 2 min video won't upload to facebook or youtube. *** is the point of having something you can't hardly use?
    I don't use it very often. The couple of times where there was a moment to use it, it either failed to open or took too long to get open. The quality is great but the execution is disappointing. It has also made the camera operation much worse as discussed in other threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    It's one of the few things about the phone I hate. A 1 min video can't be sent to my wife cuz the file is too large. A 2 min video won't upload to facebook or youtube. *** is the point of having something you can't hardly use?
    Hang tight, I can almost guarantee a patch will come out to overcome this. Until then I guess you need to shorten or copy to the PC.
    sometimes I forget I got it . They should make it seprate from the cam app..
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Used it once when it came out but since I can't upload it to photobucket or email to myself I haven't tried again.
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    sometimes I forget I got it . They should make it seprate from the cam app..
    I SO agree with this. I wonder if a patch could be made to go right into video.
    I use it ALL THE TIME. I've got two small kids who do cute things ALL THE TIME.

I find it fast, and the quality is better than my old Centro. But the quality doesn't have to be amazing. I just want to be able to look back at special moments with my girls, and it works just fine.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast