View Poll Results: How often do you record video on your Palm device?

Voters
284. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haven't used it

32 11.27%
  • Less than 2 times

72 25.35%
  • Less than 10 times

83 29.23%
  • More than 10 times

97 34.15%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Sat. morning - a flock of wild turkeys invaded my front yard! I went out and took a 20 sec clip and uploaded to FB & sent to my M&D in Florida - quality was great, and too funny when they started chasing me around the driveway! ;-)
  2.    #22  
    wild turkeys? get outta here! amazing
    This feature's been a sore spot for me. It's been too unreliable in everything from taking videos to playing them properly. So I would say not often.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    wild turkeys? get outta here! amazing

umm, don't know if you're being sarcastic, but, yeah there's lot's of them here on the Cape. They don't usually come so close to the house - two males chased me away from a female. ...it's that time of year! ;-)

I would think Wisconsin would be loaded with wild turkeys. (not to be confused with the domesticated kind that frequent the forums! lol
    Turkeys! How funny, I got one of vultures...or buzzards I think. They were working on a squirrel carcass on a back country road I was driving on Sunday. I didn't load it up though...maybe I should?

It was bound to happen...this thread is going to the birds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I use it whenever I go see bands and that's on a bi-weekly basis.
    That's exactly why I haven't used it yet. The only bands I go see, I happen to be the sound engineer hired to run the PA system, and I have (mostly) a contract that forbids me to photograph, video, or record audio off the soundboard, even for my own use.

I voted 2 or less, used it once to see if it worked (have a really nice vid of the massive dust bunny under my bed..............) and that's it so far. Wasn't something that particularly concerned me when I bought the phone.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Turkeys! How funny, I got one of vultures...or buzzards I think.

those vultures are huge! I saw one once with a wing-span over 6 feet!

Hmmm, can we upload our v-clips here?
    FWIW - I have found that the video app is much more responsive and lags much less when running the 800 mhz kernel. Before, I'd get freezes and lockups when trying to switch from camera mode to video mode, the first video of the day would often be very laggy, etc. Now with the 800 mhz kernel, everything seems to be much snappier.
    I've used it a couple of times already. It's far superior to the video recording on my HTC Hero. It's all footage of my two-year old doing stuff. I took him to the park a few weeks back on an especially sunny day to feed ducks and geese bread by the lake, and now he says everyday "Daddy...I wanna see the duckies!" I got one great lengthy video out of that, and a truncated one because the screen froze in the middle of recording, then it just stopped altogether.

He loves watching videos of himself on the Pre. My problem is that the video playback app is super laggy, and I often have to counsel patience to him as we wait for the interface to come or for videos to start playing with no stutter after I have tapped the icon. But those are fixable issues, and soon I hope.
    now im on 720mhz i will be using it much more these days,,,,,, fast in loading no lag, that was one of the reason, i didnt use. example i went to a bar, and there was a fight, pulled out my pre to record by the time it was up and running fight was done. NOW!!!!! im ready for the next fight,,,,lol
    Total derail here........

Seven Speed......2x7 or 3x7? Or are you just a glutton for punishment using 1x7?

2x9 for me. I like knees. Especially mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by weenarz1176 View Post
    FWIW - I have found that the video app is much more responsive and lags much less when running the 800 mhz kernel. Before, I'd get freezes and lockups when trying to switch from camera mode to video mode, the first video of the day would often be very laggy, etc. Now with the 800 mhz kernel, everything seems to be much snappier.
    I noticed the camera and video apps are faster on my Pre since the 800 mhz patch, but its still crazy unreliable. I recorded three great videos of my son playing with his cousin and was disappointed to find no sound. I can't wait til 1.4.1 for some doctor action. I really miss my camera being functional all the time.

That being said, I did get an absolutely wonderful video of my son last night while at my mother's. Without the video recording I would have no video if it at all.
    800 mhz patch makes video atleast 3-4 times faster to load. i wouldn't use my pre without 800 mhz patch! lol.
    Even with the 800mhz patch, video recording is still disappointingly iffy for me. I took my son to another park yesterday, and there were ducks and geese galore to feed. I recorded him (with one or two lightweight web pages open in the background), and there were stutters and freezes both in the recording of the video and the playback.
    I use it alot due to the fact I have a Grandson that is so cute and I share the video with my family (around the country) through Facebook, Yes I have the 800MHz patch which makes it useable...

Adam
    I use it but what sucks is no light (without the patch) .. it doesnt always work - every single time ive used it, my camera no longer works and i have to reboot the phone 1-3 times to get the camera to work ... it is, and makes the camera itself, very very sluggish .. i too with they were 2 sep apps - i had better luck using the precorder patch
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I use it a lot. I have 4 kids, and they don't do crazy stuff when I can predict and bring a normal video camera. As a result, I really like having video back. I missed it for the 9 mos or so between having a centro and the pre.

BTW, I find it an absolute must to have video evidence of the crazy crap my children do. Embarrassment is a fantastic tool for parents. "Toe the line, kids, and I will put the nuclear embarrassment arsenal away." Also, it's good ammunition for scaring off potential dates that I don't approve of. "You sure you want this kind of craziness in your life?"
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I have used it a few times with mixed results. The load time isn't my main concern, it's the quality of the video. Although sound was fine, the video was extremely choppy! I wanted to upload the video to FB, but there was no point because it was so hard to see what was actually going on. If I had known during the recording that it would be like that, I would have tried closing and reopening the app. Hopefully an update will fix any video quality issues people may have.
    It feels too beta. I was out of town with my family the last couple of days. My wife's Pre or my iphone for video? Much easier to use the iphone. Night and day really.
    I use it rarely only for the fact that video I do take I want to send to my wife or friends and the file is always too big no matter how short the video.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast