View Poll Results: Would you pay extra for better Pre build quality?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want a Pre with better build quality and I'll pay extra for it.

40 49.38%
  • I want better build quality, but I won't pay extra for it.

23 28.40%
  • I'm happy with my Pre's build quality.

18 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I would dearly love a WebOS phone with the build quality of say a BB Bold or most any HTC device, and I would pay extra for a phone that good. Would you?
    How much extra r we talkin' about?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yes. Because I love this phone, if they came out with one with a better build I would definately go for it. I don't think they would need to raise the price much though..
    I payed $200.00 US (x2)* for my phone on its initial release day. That was pretty much at my pain threshold. How much more do you think I should have paid for a solid phone if all $200.00 buys you is a rickety one?

In my (not so humble) opinion, for the money I payed, I should have received something quite a bit more solid than what i did. The OS is decent. The build quality sucks.

*I purchased one for my wife and one for myself.

**queue fan-boys**
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 03/25/2010 at 02:35 PM.
    Decent plastic / other material shouldn't cost extra over the cheap rickety build we got.
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

when you guys complain about build quality, is it of the original pre, the plus version or both?
    You shouldn't have to pay extra for good build quality. That should be standard.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I'm willing to pay extra for better build quality, which in about 4 months the option will be available to all sprint pre owners in the form of our yearly upgrade.. so ya I gonna pay more for better build quality
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I shouldn't pay extra for a phone with no hardware issues. I paid good money for this one, expecting it to be a top of the line smart phone. What I got was a mickey mouse build. I'm on my 7th pre since july.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    **queue fan-boys**
    Okay, that's getting a bit annoying. Are you saying that if we disagree with you, we're automatically "fan-boys" and thus deserving of sarcastic dismissal?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Depending on what the enhancements were, yes I would pay more than $200 I paid for this phone. But with that said, it better be rocking with high end hardware.
    I'm happy with my Pre build quality! For this price it is build really good!
    I paid 300 for mine when it came out and I ended up with a refurb = )
    Should be included.
    Pay more for a next gen phone with the hardware bugs worked out? Abso-friggin-lutely not. That should be part of the new hardware. Unless they have two versions of a new phone, a nice, updated, solid phone or a junky version of the same thing that's guaranteed to break.
    No...I don't have to pay more to get better build quality from other manufactures. Why would I treat Palm any different?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    how long has it taken palm in the past to come out with a new phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    No...I don't have to pay more to get better build quality from other manufactures. Why would I treat Palm any different?
    You get what you pay for. The Pre comes free on contract with Bell and Sprint.

I don't think there's any HTC, Blackberry, or iPhones free with contract.

So yeah, you actually are paying more.
    Quote Originally Posted by alxb View Post
    You get what you pay for. The Pre comes free on contract with Bell and Sprint.
    I don't think there's any HTC, Blackberry, or iPhones free with contract.
    So yeah, you actually are paying more.
    It doesn't work that way. You need to compare retail prices.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Blackberry, iPhone, and HTC top of the line models are pretty solid with fit and finish. My 2 Palm Pres are plasticky, wobbly, and look cheap when placed next to those other devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast