1.    #1  
    I had the famous usb crack, today my usb cover broke , what's next?
    I love my pre and take care of it like a baby , but I don't like to see how is destroying for itself!
    Last edited by SISGO; 03/25/2010 at 02:06 PM.
    I would only suggest to try to keep it clean until you can find a replacement and get a touchstone to reduce wear.
  3.    #3  
    thanks man , yes I should get a ts for my replacement to don't have these issues again!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I broke my usb cover on day one. It was more annoying than anything. I've never had a problem that stemmed from a broken usb cover.
    I had the same problems. I recently got a manufactures replacement=FREE. I also use a ts now to reduce wear. I love it & I'm happy with the refurb too.
    I was surprised mine lasted as long as it did. i remember making the comment on release day that I would probably just remove it. After fixing it with superglue three times, mine finally gave up two weeks ago, and I have not had a problem. good riddance I say.
    I took mine into Sprint and they put another one on with no problems.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    In the last week, my launch day Pre got the crack. Will Sprint replace it, or am I screwed? I don't have insurance.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    In the last week, my launch day Pre got the crack. Will Sprint replace it, or am I screwed? I don't have insurance.
    you need to call palm, you are under one year hardware warranty
    i cant wait until palm comes out with better and tougher hardware!!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    i cant wait until palm comes out with better and tougher hardware!!
    the people said palm is fixing the devices when they receive a replacement ..im receiving mine this week !
    Launch day Pre.

My USB cover broke a couple of months ago. Now I'm starting to see a crack. Come June I'm done with this phone.
    I got my original Pre July 2, had the USB door crack show up exactly three months later at beginning of October, and miraculously was given a brand-new replacement by Best Buy even though the phone was three months old. Unfortunately, the replacement is now having problems with occasional resets due to poorly-fitting batteries (this happens whether I use OEM battery or a Seidio one). In addition to the hardware problems, I have frequent problems with sudden pauses, usually associated with pressing the touch screen. These seem to have gotten worse with the most recent patch 1.4.1 or whatever it is. Yet I love the phone, and if Palm brought out an upgraded version in late Summer after I'm eligible, I'd probably get the upgraded webOS device! I suppose I'm like abused people who run back to their abuser.

On the other hand, if something better doesn't show up by autumn, I will seriously think about going to something else (most likely android).
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Can someone describe this crack and what causes it? I'm not clear on how the body can crack unless the cord gets bumped around while connected.