1.    #1  
    For the past 5 hours I've had my Pre connected to wi-fi with Exchange email, Accuweather, Top Stocks Lite, Sporting News Baseball and Tweed all open. When I connected the battery was at 86% it's now at 71% I've made a couple of 5 minute(ish) phone calls, and had a few games of Air Traffic Lite in there as well. Bog standard battery, 3g turned off. Seems a pretty good performance to me.
    I get the same results with heavy usage. I dunno what people mean when they say this phone has battery issues. That's just my experience and I understand everyone is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    I get the same results with heavy usage. I dunno what people mean when they say this phone has battery issues. That's just my experience and I understand everyone is different.
    For CDMA customers, if you aren't using wifi you get pretty much bent over with battery life, but that right there is good ol' cdma technology.

If on wifi however, it's a heck of a lot better and being gsm would be better as well.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    For CDMA customers, if you aren't using wifi you get pretty much bent over with battery life, but that right there is good ol' cdma technology.

If on wifi however, it's a heck of a lot better and being gsm would be better as well.
    not really a cmda issue more of a EVDO issue. It simply drains power.
    Wifi have much better power usage.

GSM has been 3g power ... CMDA has clear voice calls.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Yes, I've noticed the discrepancy with 3G/EVDO as well. On WiFi, I'm getting 2-3%/hour on idle (with background processes) and about 10%/hour with heavy use. That's pretty good. On 3G only, I'm getting 10%/hour on idle, and 15-20%/hour with heavy use.

This is a post-1.4 thing. My battery life was worse with 1.3.5.1 on WiFi, but much better with 3G only. Anybody else?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, I've noticed the discrepancy with 3G/EVDO as well. On WiFi, I'm getting 2-3%/hour on idle (with background processes) and about 10%/hour with heavy use. That's pretty good. On 3G only, I'm getting 10%/hour on idle, and 15-20%/hour with heavy use.

This is a post-1.4 thing. My battery life was worse with 1.3.5.1 on WiFi, but much better with 3G only. Anybody else?
    Actually, with I'm turned off, on WIFI at idle, I get a 1% battery drain. With I'm turned on, 2.53% battery drain (these are per hour at idle). With EVDO with I'm turned on, 4.37% battery drain at idle. With I'm on, 5.74% battery drain at idle.

As you can see, significant difference with EVDO.

This is also post 1.4.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I dunno what people mean when they say this phone has battery issues.
    Lucky you. Today I browsed ONE web page, used NY Times app and had battery monitor running. Did not receive a single call, email or text, all of this in the span of 5-10 min. Wifi off, signal strength at full bars using stock Pre battery.

Drain per hour % = 26.79

That's what people mean when they talk about battery issues.