Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I was on a site with a vimeo video embedded and clicked on it and it worked without switching me out of the browser. This hasn't worked for me before. Does this work for anyone else?

go to vimeo and look at 9796056
    Quote Originally Posted by whatfield View Post
    I was on a site with a vimeo video embedded and clicked on it and it worked without switching me out of the browser. This hasn't worked for me before. Does this work for anyone else?

go to vimeo and look at 9796056
    I could reproduce those results, however 1.4 did add support for <video> and <audio> HTML5 tags, so if it was an HTML5 player, it's possible
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Vimeo began re-encoding videos to work with mobile devices last year, before the 1.4 update.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ok,

looks like it works directly on vimeo's site and the video seems flash based. but if you embed it then it won't work in the browser. so it must be related to what Jason said...
    They did add an HTML5 player. Theres a post about it on their blog:
    Try our new HTML5 player! on Vimeo Staff Blog

Since the iPad doesn't support flash a lot of sites are working on versions of their sites in HTML5 that won't need it.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Cool was going to write a link for this today, good to see the thread is started... for quick access to their *most* of their mp4 vids...

Videos tagged 'html5' on Vimeo
    :-( Not for me. Pressing the play button on their new HTML5 player causes the browser to refresh, and cancelling the refresh causes the player to return "Sorry, there was a problem loading this video". It does it on all the videos on Vimeo, while they do work on my computer. Interestingly, even the demos on html5video.org/demos/ don't work - they play choppy, scaled too big for the screen, and upside-down. Anyone else having problems with HTML5 video players?

(I have a Palm Pre with 1.4.1.1, no more updates are available. It was a "brand new" refurbished phone last week, with no hacks on it so far.)