Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hard plastic holster. And btw the girls love us geeky guys
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    ghost armor that bad boy and you can dang near throw rocks at it for fun if you wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    always in my pocket. The opposite one that I hold my keys and change in, so I've never had an issue with scratches.
    Exactly what I do. Plus, keeping it in your pocket lets you keep your dignity and not look like a tool. My left pocket is almost always reserved for my phone only while I keep my wallet, keys, and at least one Pilot G2 (the finest pen ever made) in the other. The Pre is still as lovely as it was when I got it out of the box (except for the damn collection of pocket lint!).
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    fits perfectly in my pocket... just keep it in the cloth baggy and scratches won't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Any phone too big for a pocket these days doesn't deserve the tag 'phone'. I gave up using a belt clip or holster in the 90's, way too geeky.

Mine's been in my pocket since day 1 (October 16th over here in the UK) and it hasn't been a problem. You have to make sure you keep one pocket just for the phone though, even a sheet of paper causes scratches on phone screens.
    Agree completely. The pre is a very pocketable phone imo.
    I keep it in my pocket. always have. holsters are a little too geeky. not even the guys on big bang theory have holster for their phones :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    pre bulky? You cannot be serious. The pre fits perfect in pants pocket.
    I did say IN MY OPINION, did I not? My Razr was thinner and lighter than this puppy. Doesn't matter anyway. I do too much bending and stooping in the course of my day to ever have a phone in any of my pockets. Belt holster is perfect for me. Easy access and not as likely to get mangled if I'm moving equipment around.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Probably one of the issues I have with my pre is it's so small and it's more of a pocket type of phone than a holster type of phone.

How do you guys c
    arry your pre?
    I carry mine in a leather pouch. I would never carry my phone, especially a pda/smartphone, in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Probably one of the issues I have with my pre is it's so small and it's more of a pocket type of phone than a holster type of phone.

How do you guys carry your pre?
    I think it was meant to be a pouch phone, that's why they gave you a pouch.

I use a holster.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    pocket here!!! Keys and charger in another pocket of course!!
    I keep mine in the box it came in. dont wanna scratch it yano? Plus thats some nice packaging... be a shame not too use it.
    I keep it in my fanny pack
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i have carried palm devices in my pocket since the handspring. i always use a case and have never scratched the screen.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12345 View Post
    I keep mine in the box it came in. dont wanna scratch it yano? Plus thats some nice packaging... be a shame not too use it.
    Do you put the box in your pocket?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I carry mine in my man-purse, with my lip glosss....errr, lip balm, breath mints, some man-powder foundation, my spf 15 moisturizer, a mirror, ID, credit cards and some cash.

(except for the man-powder and moisturizer and mirror, I really do carry all of the above...but strategically placed around my 4 pockets).
    At work mine has a pocket to it's self but during leisure time it has to live in with my wallet. Still currently use a holster at work for my 650 till I have enough confidence in the Pre to make the jump.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I hate holsters. It makes you look like a tech geek and gets in the way when you move around in small spaces (with seat belt on, e.g.). The last phone I had a holster was 650. Now I just put on a screen protector and it stays in my pocket.

The trick is do not put keys and coins in the same pocket you keep your phone. Pre is actually smaller than my wallet, so it is very pocket-able.

The Touchstone back is more resistive to scratch than the shiny one. My son dropped my Pre on a rough tile once. I got some small white scratch marks, but after rubbing it a few time, it is not very noticeable now.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Kept both the Pre and the Pixi Plus in my left pocket with nothing else in the pocket. I've never used a screen protector and have absolutely zero damage from carrying in my pocket.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Used to have case and holster for my purse or will keep inside my purse next to soft cloth, no keys, no coins, but when running around at work or home Pre goes in back pocket by itself or jacket pocket, no coins or keys. It has a sturdy screen protector.

I only plan to keep this 1st generation model till the next one comes out. Hopefully made with sturdier, better plastic or material like the iPod Touch.
    Last edited by zenaa96; 03/25/2010 at 05:11 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast